Really stressed!!!

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Really stressed!!!

Postby yessica » Sun May 20, 2007 7:14 pm

I have an exam on tuesday and I feel like I'm not prepared. I meant to spend today revising but I never got round to anything and now it's 7. I'm really stressed 'cause I don't think I'm going to finish all my revision.
My college never gave me any study leave so I never got chance to revise. I'm going to fail. I know I am. I don't know what to do. I can't stop crying. I'm so stressed. I tried to sit down and revise but I just burst into tears.
I'm even studying stress and stress management but I don't know what I can do. I tried excercising to relieve my stress and that didn't help - I just felt guilty for not revising.
I know all my friends have been revising 'cause that's all they ever do. They did better than me in their gcses 'cause this happened last year and now I know it's going to happen again but I know I can do better if I just revise. But it's so hard. I can't concentrate. Everything distracts me. And my parents just stress me out. When you're stresed you can't take things in. I need to be by myself but my parents won't go away!
:D Smile and the world smiles with you. Laugh and they all think you're on drugs :lol:
xoxoxox
yessica
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby yessica » Sun May 20, 2007 7:16 pm

I just remembered laughter is the best thing. But how can I get a laugh quickly? My bedroom is also a tip and it's absolutely tiny so nto the ideal place to revise but the only place I can get some slight peace.
I need to be by myself to revise but I can't get away from my parents. I wish I lived by myself. Or with some people my age that I can relate to.
:D Smile and the world smiles with you. Laugh and they all think you're on drugs :lol:
xoxoxox
yessica
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby poppylp » Sun May 20, 2007 10:55 pm

I can understand what you're going through because I was in a similar situation a couple of year's ago.
Is there anyone at your college that you can talk to? Most college's have people that you can talk to about that kind of thing and they are very understanding and helpful (in my experience). I want to say try not to panic, but I know it's not that easy. Maybe you could also try talking to your parents too and telling them that you need peace and quiet in order to revise?
If the worst comes to the worst, it's important to know that even if you are not able to do your best in your exams, you should get a second chance as long as you explain the situation to the right people.
Anyway, good luck and I hope it all works out for you!
poppylp
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby morris mouse » Mon May 21, 2007 1:29 am

poppylp wrote:Is there anyone at your college that you can talk to? Most college's have people that you can talk to about that kind of thing and they are very understanding and helpful

Hello,"yessica"

Really sorry to hear that you're under so much stress,at the moment,
due to your exams.

This can be a difficult time as there is so much that depends
on your results,when the exams are over

And yet,you have additional stress,too,[as you mention in your post.]

If possible,it would be really good for you to follow the advice of
"poppylp" by talking to someone at your college.

**Hope everything turns out well for you** :D :D
ImageImage
morris mouse
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Lunatic_Pandora » Mon May 21, 2007 3:26 am

Hey there!

Yup, I have this problem too! But if you can't get any peace from your parents, try explaining it to them, and if that doesn't work, just take your study stuff to your friends or another family members house where you can get so peace. Maybe the libary?

Don't worry about failing either, if you start thinking about all the stuff that could go wrong, you're bound to end up freezing and panicing about it all. You're best just doing it, and once you start I find that my mind just adjusts to the information.

Try breaking the stuff up you need to revise into catagories and put in a note book what you're going to revise one day, and then for the next. I find routine and writting down what and when you're going to study in a note book or somthing helps!

Hope that helped, and good luck! Keep calm and just keep a small journal of your revision!
Lunatic_Pandora
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to School, College & University