Me and my friend are being bullied at school

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Me and my friend are being bullied at school

Postby _sonic-crazy_ » Sun May 04, 2003 4:25 pm

My name is Adele and me and my friend, Gemma, are being bullied at school by this fat girl, Kate and her mate, Matthew. They bully Gemma more, but I feel, that I'm being bullied just as much by them. We have told our form teacher about them, as they are in the same form as me and Gemma, but so far the teacher has done nothing about it. When Kate or Matthew says something about Gemma, I just want to punch them really badly. I can hear them saying stuff about Gemma such as: Gemma can't get a boyfriend to save her life and 'The Worlds Worst Diaster', Gemma running down the corrider. In P.E, I accidently put my hand on top of Kate's and she called me a disguisting paki, even though I'm white, and she said I dug my nails into her hand, when I know I didn't. And there was this incident, where Matthew threw a sweet wrapper at Gemma, and she prentended to kick him, not even touching him, and he kicked her and then he took his shoe off and started hitting her leg with his shoe. When Kate or Matthew say something about Gemma everyone else in the class just bursts out laughing (not me, Gemma or the teacher of course), and when Gemma tells the teacher about it, Kate and Matthew deny doing a thing, and even worse, the teacher blames Gemma!
I'm really upset about it, because she sits next to a boy called David in french, whom I really like, and I think she may be trying to persuade him to bully me too!
It makes me feel liker not eating anything, and just crying 'til I die.
_sonic-crazy_
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby danielle » Wed May 07, 2003 10:03 am

i know how u feel.
when i was in primary school i got bullied really bad i would tell the teacher and nothing would happen about it my mom came down to the school and everythink and still nothing happened until me and my best mate had enough and on the last day of school we beat them up cus they wer sayin they was going to beat us up after school so we just went for it.
what im sayin is when they say something to u say some thing back i know u 2 r scared but at the end of it all they will know u two are not standing for it any more and it might stop. if not get ur parents to come in and speak to the princible.
i hope it all works out for u 2 and the best of luck.
be cool dont let them know its getting to u both 8)
danielle
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dom_is_a_jew » Thu May 08, 2003 11:32 am

then i was a youngster bak in the days of primary skool i used to get bullied by a guy called danial i hated it and i was never a violent person however one day it was too much so i turned round and punched him in the face! he never said another thing again!

take heed my young worrior jedi! the strongest fighters are the ones that fight with their minds not their fists, try getting back at her (she seems to be the leader) by doing secret tricks! like spitting in her shoes! hehe i know it sounds child like but u and gemma can laugh and be like YER! we got u! however i think one day u should just go mad! and wack her round the face just once then walk away1 and fatty girl will be like OH! u witch! u wont get in toruble cos u can say she bullies u and u hav witnesses! hehe

i hope my advice is good and take care my young nobel knight!
dom_is_a_jew
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby smile » Sat May 10, 2003 4:54 pm

Hey!

Sorry to hear about your current situation. I'm 15 and I know how hard it can be when people are bullied. I haven't been bullied but I know people who have and I know what it can do to them. Bullies are cowards. You may have heard it many times but I promise you it's true. They may not be the cowards you are thinking of. Yes they may have guts to come and approach you to bully you but inside they are cowards. Bullies are insecure, that is why they bully. They think they are the only ones to feel insecure and so their job is to make someone else feel insecure. It makes them feel better. You said the girl who bullies you is fat, this proves my point. Whatever you do, don't react to it. Rise above it and show them how pathetic they are being. Easy to say I know but it will work. I wouldn't worry too much about David bullying you. If he is a true friend he will ignore the bullies, if not then he is showing you his true colours.

If you told your teacher then she should be doing something about it. You are her responsibility and if she stands back and does nothing then it is like your Mum standing back and ignoring it. If she still won't help you then talk to a higher teacher. Do you have a Head of Year or a teacher you feel close to? They will try their best to help you.

I really hope things work out for you and your friend. Just don't react to them. Ignore them or just laugh it off. Do what ever feels right. Just don't drop down to their level and start hurling abuse back. It takes scum to bully but if you do what they are doing then you too will be as bad as they are. Overall, please try to talk to someone. Parents, friends, anyone who you can feel you can trust.

Take care and someone will always help you on these boards, so anytime you feel terrible you can offload on here. Take care,

Smile
x x x
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby IckleBlackRose » Sun May 18, 2003 11:08 am

hey
I got Bullied for years,I know what its like,I dont think anyone can really do anything,i told teachers and they tried but that just made it worse coz the bullies knew i had " dobed on them", The biggest advise i can give you which someone once told me is : -
Stand your ground,Your better than Them,If they do something to you,Just stand there looking at them like there some sort of werido,Or if they say a comment to your face,Just laugh in there face and walk away.NEVER retaliate to them,If you do the sort of things they do.Your just be as Low as them.
I hope this helps,And remember,Your better than them.I mean come on,How childish is it to bully someone?
Good Luck - and remember keep on smiling :D
Philippa x
IckleBlackRose
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Heya

Postby woopdecker » Mon Aug 11, 2003 7:21 am

I know whats it like to, i was bullied for a year and a half, it was the worst time of my life. Things got worse for me because i couldnt sort it out. But dont give up on the teachers, keep pestering them, they'll realise eventually, and as Ickleblackrose sed, dont let them get to you, stand your ground. Dont let them wind you up, because one day you'll flip and get yourself into trouble, and thats going to there level. Biuld up a good group of friends, so hten that grou will help you 2 get through it and the bullies will be less willing to do anything.
I know you posted this awhile ago, but if your stll getting bullied or whatever, then i hope this will help and good luck :)

Maz
some people never listen. Others never try, with eyes and ears shut tight.. the world just passes them by.
woopdecker
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bunds » Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:13 pm

dont take it lying down get a grip of her and set about her therss no need for bullies.bullies are wimps and cowards ,go for it tell them to get a life
Bunds
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby specialangil » Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:37 pm

Hello,
Sorry to hear about you and your friends trouble. I have been bullied very badly before. One of my bullies and I became friends and she admitted that the others were jealous of me (If only they knew!) Maybe this Kate girl is jealous of both of you. It sounds like you and Gemma have a really strong friendship, something which Kate may not have. Continue to be there for each other and in the meantime go back to your form tutor and tell them that Kate and Matthew are still bullying you. If they still pick on you then go to someone higher. Chat to your families and they will support you as well.
Dont let these two get you down. But also don't do anything to annoy them and don't retaliate. Bullies like to feel in control and like they have upset you don't let them win.
Good Luck

If you ever need me just e-mail me.
specialangil
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Irish Rose » Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:03 pm

I had a really unusual way to get rid of a bully - up until about year 9 and ten in high school, i was forever getting picked on because i was shy and quiet, and wouldn't argue back.

There was one time when i fell out with one of my friends. she was acting like a real cow, and one day she was giving me so much trouble that i swung for her. I punched her right on the bridge of her nose, and nearly broke it. I'm not proud of what i done, and it shocked me (not as much as it shocked her!), but the end result was that she gave up on me.

Also, there was one case in year nine when a girl and all her friends decided that they didn't like me, and that they wanted to fight me. I have no idea why this started - they just decided that they didn't like me. It's not even as though it was a fair fight - there was only one of me at the time, as all my friends had gone home, plus i had badly sprained my ankle a few days before, so i was on crutches. Just shows how much of cowards they actually are...

It's true though, that they are cowards. Also, sometimes it's just because they get a power trip from picking on others - it makes them feel as though they have the upper hand.

I have always been good at psychology, and how people's minds work - just an intuitive person i suppose - and one day, when things were bad, somehow i managed to find the courage to tell someone EXACTLY why they felt they had to bully me. I was fully expecting a punch in the face, but i stood my ground and they were the first to back down. (i wouldn't recommend this unless you know you're going to be right, lol!)

Eventually i managed to find a truce with the people that bugged me - i told them to leave me, because they didn't bother me anymore (i was quaking in my shoes as i were saying this, heh heh!), and that they needn't even bother anymore, because i would be grassing them up straight away if they ever tried anything again. Of course, by then i'd really had enough and was feeling pretty depressed, so i didn't really care what they did. They did back off though.
"And from the shelter of my mind
Through the window of my eyes
I gaze beyond the rain-drenched streets
To Ireland where my heart lies."
Irish Rose
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

whew...

Postby Irish Rose » Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:08 pm

Jeez... i write log answers, don't i :D

I should also add that when i started putting on weight when i were about 13, there was a girl from my old primary school who i would pass on the way home everyday, and she would make comments like "hey, look how fat she's got! like a stranded whale!"

Actually, she probably contributed to my bulimia... but that's a different story.

In my second year of college, i saw this girl again - she was waaay bigger than me, and ugly to boot! aah... the satisfaction i felt! She's also a really miserable cow now too, and whenever i see her, she's always giving me dirty looks, but i don't really care because i have more friends than i can count now, and i don't need to worry about people like that anymore

(and a years karate training didn't go amiss either! :))
"And from the shelter of my mind
Through the window of my eyes
I gaze beyond the rain-drenched streets
To Ireland where my heart lies."
Irish Rose
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Smiler_Princess » Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:52 pm

wow Irish Rose - Good for you!! :wink: I would have a big grin from ear to ear everytime I saw her or just smile politely...hehe. serves her right 8) :D

Oh, by the way. Please note that the person who posted this problem posted it in May & hasn't replied so maybe she's forgotten about this site or the problem is resolved...

Smiler_Princess :roll:
"Because we can't call people without wings angels, we call them friends"

"I never wanted to be different...I just wanted to be me"
Smiler_Princess
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Jimbo » Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:18 pm

bullys are scum and what goes around will finally come around.

but most people can't wait for fate to take over and deal there bully a bad hand.

when it comes down to it i really believe the best way to stop a bully is to stick up for urself.

it may be scary there may be to many u may get ur ass kicked everytime, but the more u fight back the more respect u gain.

remember people dont like to bully people who fight back even if they know they can win. fighting back takes the fun out off it for bullys.

fight back u will feel so much better
Jimbo
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby saz » Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:31 pm

I think that violence even in retalliation is a very dangerous thing. Even if you are pushed to your limits by bullies, the best thing to do is walk away. Bullying and violence are their language and by doing things their way, you would be behaving just like them. Just because they are bullies it doesn't mean fighting them is ok.

Bullies are usually very insecure people, jealous of others around them and it makes them feel big and strong to undermine others which is how they really feel inside. Recognising this and using all the confidence you have to walk away and not let them get to you has a stronger impact that you think.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Fidel » Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:48 pm

yes, I agree. Humour is the greatest weapon
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby lizzie.s. » Sat Jan 31, 2004 5:11 pm

kind of late for a post i know but i know exactly how you feel, as woopdecker said, keep pesterin the teachers and they will eventualy get it sorted, unless they have already, but if they havnt, keep a smile on ure face and take it in gd humour.

me XXX
it makes you think doesn't it?
lizzie.s.
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Next

Return to School, College & University