What I Go To School For...

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

What I Go To School For...

Postby Miss-Padfoot-Lupin » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:53 am

Okay, I have a massive problem and it's taking over my life:

I've fallen in love with my tutor.

Please don't tell me this is just a simple crush that'll go away. I fell in love the day I saw him and I don't know what to do. Every second I spend away from him is complete torture and I only just managed to struggle through the six week holidays without seeing him.

My tutor is everything I've ever wanted. He's funny and sexy and smart...I just love everything about him and I worship the ground he walks on.

Should I tell him? :-k
Miss-Padfoot-Lupin
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby pink stripes » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:00 pm

Hey there :)

O.k firstly you need to stop and think about this. Your treding on a seriously dangerous path here. Please dont tell him. You cannot have a relationship with your teacher.. It is illegal

hope this helps :)

x...x...x
pink stripes
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby all_apologies » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:46 pm

Hey, I sympathise with your situation but really think it's best you don't mention it to him. It puts a teacher in an awkward position to do so, and they're often obligated to tell someone higher up. There was a girl on here a while back who professed her love to one of her teachers and inadvertently ended up informing a bunch of other teachers and pupils by doing so. I can't remember her user name, but I'll go and have a look for the topic which might be worth reading through.

At the end of the day, no matter how strongly you feel about your tutor, nothing can happen between the two of you, so is it really worth risking the potential embarrassment and possibly making things awkward between you?

edit: okay I see you've found that topic already!
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What I Go To School For...

Postby retrochav » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:15 pm

This isnt a crush. Its your first taste of love, and as you are finding its very painful as well as very pleasurable.

Not having felt this way before makes it torture, as you cant compare notes with an ex. If you want to keep the feeling going, dont tell the teacher! Even if he felt the same, if he acted on it or even gave you encouragement he could loose his job.

Female teachers seem to get a slightly better deal, as women who have young admirers arent percieved as "preditory" in the way a male teacher would be. So show your love to him by keeping the feelings to yourself and perhaps a close friend (ideally us, or a diary).

If it gets out, you wont be able to see him, thats how serious the risk is. He would have to avoid you, because the days when adults wrote this sort of thing off as an innocent "crush" are long gone (just as well because a lot of abuse was covered up as "wishful imagination")

If its any comfort, you will find people in their 20s and 30s etc. in the same boat. We might love our boss, superviser, doctor etc. but we simply cant have them in both roles at the same time. So all through life there are people who are out of reach.
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
retrochav
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to School, College & University