Advice for French GCSE

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Advice for French GCSE

Postby Ogadai » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:29 am

I havejust taken french for gcse, only started in sept, so any advice would also be helpful 2 me :o

edited by all_apologies: I've created a seperate topic for you to save hijacking other threads 8)
Ogadai
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Z3girl » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:23 pm

Without sounding to annoying - My advice would be to pay attention in class and work hard when you have tests...Im sure u will do very well! :D
He who dares, wins!!!!
Z3girl
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Inky » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:48 pm

Don't worry about it too much, I'm sure you will do great!
You have only just started so it will proably sound difficult to you now, but before you know it you will have learnt everything you need to know.

Last year I took my GCSEs and my friend was failing French right up untill the exam (she even fell asleep in the exam!! :-? ) but she still managed to get a C! You should be fine. :D
Inky
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby spacegirl » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:56 am

i just finished a degree in french i absolutely love it. advice i would give, as the others said, listen in class, and learn your verbs haha!! also get yourself a french penpal (if those still exist these days!) i'm sure your school would be happy to arrange an exchange, and if you ever need help with an assignment don't hesitate to pm me i'd be glad to help!!
not if you were the last dandy on earth
spacegirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Ogadai » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:21 am

there is one sligh problem, i haven't long been at this school(if you want to see my other prob is on boyfriend,girlfriend, called "moving reltionships") before i moved i learned german at my old school, and from lesson 1 i was an absolute fanatic :bounce: , now i can't step counting in german, i keep saying schnell(quick :lol: ) as a joke, and it seems to be overtaking my french learning. i've been fine so far (apart from when it comes to times :-? ) but i'm still worried i'll end up putting eins instead of un on an answer that is 1! :-?
Time. Time is an artificial construct. An arbitrary system based on the idea that events occur in a linear direction at all times. Always forward, never back. Is the concept of time correct? Is time relevant?
Ogadai
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby spacegirl » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:01 pm

oh so you're studying french from scratch? don't worry, term's only started so it's normal that you haven't got the frame of mind to speak french just yet. try watching french movies (like amélie or Taxi), or dvds but change the language to french just to get you thinking in french. i love it that you're so enthusiastic! that alone will get you very far.
spacegirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby spacegirl » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:04 pm

as i said, feel free to pm me if you need help, i absolutely adore french, and all that is to do with france (including the fact that france beat new zealand tonight, allez les bleus!) so i'd be glad to help you lol
spacegirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to School, College & University