Drama.

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Drama.

Postby x_jazi_x » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:34 am

Heyy!
Well, im on year 9 right now, and going to choose my options for GCSE this year!

Okay, so im always changing what i want to do when im older, but always been really keen on drama.

Soo, ive already decided of taking english litreture and geography.
and im also thinking of taking drama.

I just want to know, what kind of stuff you will do for it? and in college, what will you do if you do drama?

I'm thinking of going to a school of performing arts after anyway!
please help me because im really not sure what i will do if i choose drama x
x_jazi_x
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby W00p!!! » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:42 pm

Well i am in Yr 10 and i chose drama. It is bound to be different in all schools but u have to put alot of effort into it you get essays and judged on performances quite often. It has built up my confidence al0t but you cant be shy you just have to go for it. I find it betta now coz ure actually with people who want to learn and improve s0 everyone puts alot of effort in. Is there drama clubs after school? Because if u dont go to them already u should it would get u more involved!!!
But yeah i think you should choose it if you enjoy it and want to do it in the future and youre willing to put effort in!!!!
xxxxx
W00p!!!
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby DJ » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:32 pm

With GCSE Drama you have to create your own perfomances in your groups and then write a portfolio on it. Explaining about the audience, the props, the type of staging e.g. "theatre in the round" why you chose that type of staging, individual details on characters and their background.

However it's reallly good fun, and as long as you actually get practive writing the portfolio's you shouldn't have a problem.
DJ
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to School, College & University