Friends!!! Please HELP

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

have you lost friends because they stopped haing classes with them and gradually drifted apart.

Poll ended at Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:03 pm

Yes
100%
Np
No votes

Total votes : 3

Friends!!! Please HELP

Postby buzzybee123 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:03 pm

I have just begun my second term in year 10 and i have chosen options to take for my GCSE's. However they are completely different to my friends options. I have three other really close and really good best friends that i basically relied on for everything before.

Anyway, now we are split up from each other let's call them A, B and C. I have been very close friends with A since year 7 but only started being friends with B and C in year 9 so i know A a lot better and B and C know each other a lot better. So now A and B are in all of each others classes and i am in one different one with each of them. So now i feel that i am getting left out because A was never really that popular with the rest and now she seems to have suddenly got all the attention and now kind of ignores me or doesnt listen when i am talking to her because she is closer to B than i am now. But B does the same as well and only talks to me properly as a friend when we have lessons together and A is not by her side. I think it might be partly because A felt left out last year because i was much better friends with B than she was. But C doesn't get left out because she was such good friends with B and i am just stuck by myself sometimes in the one lesson that we share when A and B are talking amongst themselves and i feel left out and alone. so i dont no whether to love them and leave them or continue trying because we had such a good friendship before. or are we just going to drift apart further ALso, A likes to rub in the fact that she is always with B and that i am not and i get quite upset cos she also shows me up in front of other friends by embarassing me on purpose. :(
WHAT DO I DO? and do friends always drift apart when they stop having classes together?
buzzybee123
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby misskrystal » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:35 pm

I think you'll probably find that you would drift apart after high school anyway, especially if you have different ambitions (which is likely if you've chosen different subjects). They do sound a little mean in the way they're handling things, but girls tend to be like that. I'd take this as an opportunity to expand your circle of friends. Although you'll still probably spend time with these girls, you'll meet other people and spend time with them too.

You said you relied on them in the past, so now you have a chance to become more independent. You'll find college and university a lot easier if you aren't limited to 2/3 close friends, too.
misskrystal
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby W00p!!! » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:46 pm

I understand totally!!!!
i feel quite left out in some of my lessons too as my group has started to drift apart.
Talk to them bout it and maybe if there good frinds thay will start involving u more. Start talkin to different peeps so u dont rely on them 3 all the time. Just talk to them an d tell them how u feel. xoxox gd luck =p
W00p!!!
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to School, College & University