started a new school.. finding it hard 2 settle in

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

started a new school.. finding it hard 2 settle in

Postby x_thatgirl_x » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:27 pm

i started in year 11 at a new school in september..
i moved 200 miles from where i used to live in london, to devon.
the school i go to has 2500 people, so i was really nervous about my 1st day, but when i got there i realised there was another new girl starting aswell called katie*. me and her soon became really good friends and when we had been at school about 3 weeks, shemet a girl called chloe* and introduced me to her and i got on with her really well, then chloe* introduced me and katie* to her group of friends, which are about 15 girls who all hang around together at break and lunch and they invited me and katie* to come along with them. which i thought was really good at the time, but ive been at school 6 months and i get the feeling that they dont really like me that much and they prefer katie*, i try my best to talk in coversations with them but i find it hard because im not a very confident person. Katie* hasnt realised how unhappy i am and i dont want to tell her because shes really happy being friends with them and they invite her out everywhere, but not me. Its really getting me down and sometimes i just feel like crying..
can anybody help me?
x_thatgirl_x
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby streetglow_cruiser » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:07 pm

how about organising something yourself.. something like going out in town or a movie? there is the other issue of telling one of them maybe not katie but one of the girls who seem quieter and you may find that they are putting on a 'front' for the other girls and really ther're as insecure as you are....there is no shame in being shy. i'm quite shy too but as soon as you start talking to people, your confidence will grow and you'll become much more at ease.
"C'est français, c'est cliquetis....comprendre ca!"
streetglow_cruiser
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Return to School, College & University