GCSE/SIXTHFORM/UNI.

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

GCSE/SIXTHFORM/UNI.

Postby x_jazi_x » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:16 pm

Heyy (:
So i'm abit confused, and wondered if you could help?!
Okay, so i've just decided to take Drama as GSCE option, which i will be doing in year 10, in sep. I really really love Drama and can't wait to do it, but i just have a few questions...

1. Can you do Drama A Level? So, if i stayed onto sixth fo7m, could i do that?!

2. I really want to go straight to Uni after SF to do Drama, ive been looking (i know its ages away im just browsing though!) at ones in London and stuff, and thre was one 'Drama and Music' If i went there, would i have to do both? or could i choose?

3. and finally, do people start looking for Universities before they sit there A Level exams, so they know what the'll need to get in?

Sorry if its long, help really appreicated though guys! Thanks alot!xxxx
x_jazi_x
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby bellajennie » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:23 pm

In response to each question:

1. If you want to do a drama-based A Level then they are fine, although you should check directly with your sixth form to see if they offer it there.

2. The course that you choose at uni is often very flexible. They often vary between universities and may involve purely drama, purely music, or some like the one you have seen with a combination of both. I would suggest you have a look at the course details for the different choices and see exactly what modules they may involve and this should give you a better idea about exactly what you will study on them.

3. Usually, if you are going to uni straight after your A Levels (i.e. in the september after you sit your exams) then you will need to have applied to UCAS (uni admission service) before the January of Year 13. Your sixth form should help you prepare the application. In which case, it is advisable to start looking at prospectuses and around universities towards the end of Year 12 so that you have plenty of time to make your decision.

If you need more specific advise then it would be good to speak to your careers advisor at school now, or drop into a Connexions office, which are located around the country.

Hope this helps x
The World is Your Oyster - If only you could get the damn thing open!
bellajennie
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to School, College & University