Nasty Rumour

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Nasty Rumour

Postby nufcbabe99 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:08 pm

Ok..

Basically theres this girl who's pretty good mates with my best mate.. but not very good with me..

And my best mate told this girl something.. and the girl made up something about it.. something that isn't true but everyone is going to believe because she's popular..

I am just so upset about this.. it isn't true and I don't know why she made it up anyway.. I have never done anything to hurt her.. and now everyone is going to think this is true..

Please Help..
nufcbabe99
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby m_m » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:54 am

First of all I don't think your friend is a very good friend if she "told this girl something" and second of all I would try not to worry too much.

If this girl is deliberately making up false rumours about you she is obviously very insecure in herself and although it may sound strange I have found myself that it is often because the bully is jealous of you.

I would ignore what she has said and if anyone asks you whether it is untrue I would just say "no" and leave it at that. Even though it can be embarassing and annoying that she has done this if you do not react and stay composed it will prove that the rumour is untrue and will show you to be the better person for not retaliating.

I would then speak to your friend and explain that this girl does not appear to like you very much. I would ask her to not tell this other girl anything that has to do with you as it has been proved that she will use it against you and spread rumours. If she is your best friend I am sure she will understand.

Good luck! x x x x
m_m
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby lilessexgal » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:00 pm

i would have a talk with your best mate. if she is that good of mate she will tell people that it is not true and get her "friend" to change what she says.

rumours are horrible things but stay strong hun. if people do say something to you just ignore them or tell them the truth like saying its not true.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby No Guts, No Glory » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:14 pm

Agree with the others here.
Bout the rumours, it's easy to stop them. If anyone asks you, tell them firmly, no. Never be angry or affected in any way. Act surprised they even mentioned something like that. I did that when people in school started a rumour about me and a guy. Died down quickly :D
Sometimes the best things in life are always messy
No Guts, No Glory
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to School, College & University