I'm not clever enough to do this degree!!

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: I'm not clever enough to do this degree!!

Postby Sara_platermen112 » Mon May 11, 2009 12:10 pm

snail - cant you do something with LTW? its a programme designed for people who want to do learning through work . My colleague did this and has nearly completed her degree after 3 years, she works but has half a day of work to go to classes etc an then does her assignments in her own time. Maybe you could look into this? I understand though the programme has changed slightly though - http://www.learningthroughwork.org/

xxxxxxxxxxx
Sara_platermen112
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby snail » Mon May 11, 2009 3:35 pm

Ooo, brilliant, Sara, I'll take a look at it.
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pinkroses » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:56 am

I am a mature student with the OU,when I was younger and at college I didn't do well at all with my A'levels but I always knew I wanted to get back in to studying, I was just treally apprehensive as I thought everyone else was going to be really clever and I would just be plain dumb,so I was really really nervous about going. After I gave birth to my son,I had a part time job which I gave up and went to college to do an access course (which is for mature students who want to get back in to studying and mine was in social sciences), I ended up with A's across the board, got in to a very good university to study psychology, but had to give it up and move closer to my family when I split up with my son's Dad. I am now studying for an honours degree with the OU because of other commitments and I have to say I wouldn't give this up for the world,I am really enjoying it, even though I was rubbish at statistics and science and psychology is quite statistics and science based i'm doing quite well, it really changes your whole outlook and perspective on life and it gives me something to work towards. Anyway if I can do it, anyone can. I think you should just go for it, wherever you go there are always people who are going to be there to help and support you.
pinkroses
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Previous

Return to School, College & University