School- best days of my life.

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Is school the best time of ure life

Yes
42%
No
58%

Total votes : 33

School- best days of my life.

Postby plattsy_girl » Tue Jul 08, 2003 3:28 pm

Ppl keep saying to me that school is the best part of your life. Well i say we aint got much to look 4ward to then have we. There is always some kind of stress whether it be exams m8s or woteva. Plz tell me its not true
Loreal, because you're worth it...
plattsy_girl
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby mariamaria » Tue Jul 08, 2003 3:33 pm

Your school years are one of the easiest times of your life, however, they're not the best. As you get older, it gets more difficult. School years just disillusion when you go out there and make your own cash and work.
mariamaria
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby plattsy_girl » Tue Jul 08, 2003 3:47 pm

oh ok. good way to put it. what does every1 else think?
plattsy_girl
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby tammybligh » Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:44 pm

I hated school with a passion - but, looking back, it was definately easier then. I know you get exams and stuff like that, but when you leave school, or leave home you have to worry about things like - can I afford to live!! Far more stressing....

Make the most of it.... it probably seems pretty rubbish now, but in a few years you'll see what I mean...
tammybligh
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby plattsy_girl » Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:06 pm

yeah. but do u have more fun now or when you were at school. I mean surely the bettertimes are better than the better times when u were at school? (sorry slightly confusing there)
plattsy_girl
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby tammybligh » Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:08 pm

I think I probably do have more fun now - but the stress is far greater, as are a lot of the consequences.

Maybe there are pros and cons to both :-?
tammybligh
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby plattsy_girl » Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:11 pm

oh ok. supose ur right. best not get me hopes up for the rest of me lfe eh? :cry:
plattsy_girl
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby mariamaria » Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:51 pm

No! There's a lot of stuff that you have to look forward to! Like a career, qualification, great wages, nights out, holidays of your choice etc. Your life does get better, but there is more stress with it aswell.
mariamaria
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

School

Postby mixed up chick » Wed Jul 09, 2003 6:41 pm

Hey
Well I dont particularly like school but i think it is kinda some of the best days of our lives. I think it's a really good time. You get to meet some friends that you may know for the rest of your lives and you could meet your boy/f. I think it's a really good time aswell to get to know lots of other people in your year group. It's good aswell because you get some really good chances to make your dreams for the future. Everyone hates exams but that's how we all get to do what we want to. Myave im just a sad person who thinks school is ok. Im really annoyed aswell thats it's nearly the end of year 9 the time just flies by and soon I'll be leavin. I don't like doing the lessons but there are some people that i really like but i think when we leave we are going to do completly different things.
Everyone always says that school days are some of the best of your life and i have to agree
mixed up chick

Postby Sami » Wed Jul 09, 2003 7:32 pm

Hey, Well i dono because im only goin into year 10. But I absolutely love skool!!!(yeah im a bit of a wierdo) I hate the holidays! So i wud have to say that i do think this is the best part of my life but if wen i start working is better i certainly wont be complaining! :lol: The only thing im lookin forward to is bein old enough to do things without my parents being involved and i cant wait to go back to school and things wont be so awkward with my teachers and ill be allowed to make my own decisions!!! :D
Everybody has their day, When things just seem 2 go their way, An angel's gonna smile on me when it's meant 2 b, Cos anythings possible, No matter how incredible, U never no hu i mite meet, On this crowded street! Life goes on,Like a song! :bounce:
Sami
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby plattsy_girl » Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:51 pm

When i was ure age i felt like that. Now i moving up to year 11 and u don't feel that way anymore. Its all c/work exams ya da ya da. u 4get why u liked it in the first place
plattsy_girl
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby mixed up chick » Sun Jul 20, 2003 6:47 pm

Great. Something to forward to!! I think il probably hate being in year 11. I get annoyed enough at the moment with the work i have to do because im so lazy. In year 11 im gonna be really bad!! At the moment though my mind is so preoccupied about the holidays! but only cos im going to miss everyone in my skool so much ova the holidays. sob sob! il just have to try and get through the 6 weeks!
mixed up chick

school

Postby briz babe » Fri Aug 01, 2003 9:34 am

Schools rubbish but life doesn't get much better!!
briz babe
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby kitten » Wed Aug 06, 2003 10:19 am

I didn't like school as I was bullied for years - but I thank them now as if it hadn't been for the bullying I wouldn't have been the person I am today.

I did enjoy the social aspect of it and having friends (when they weren't bullying me).

I think school days are made out to be the best days of your life as you are free from the responsilibities that come with being a grown up. Once you leave school you are responsible for your actions and things have much bigger consequences. I'd love to be without responsibility again :D
kitten
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby sovs » Mon Aug 11, 2003 2:42 am

Oh, i hated school.

It was horrible having to get up early, and the homework, yuk.

Anyway, you have got loads to look forward to.

Moving out, getting your independance, you first big hang over, finding some one special, getting married etc.

Life has may unexpected twists and turns. Enjoy it. :bowtie: \:D/
Last edited by sovs on Sat Aug 23, 2003 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Next

Return to School, College & University