The case of the talkin stomach!!

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

The case of the talkin stomach!!

Postby Xx_I_Luv_U_xX » Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:14 pm

At school i hav this stupid fear and no-one can take me seriously! I worry about my stomach rumbling!! i hav figured itz cos i worry what ppl think of me so much that wen im in class my stomach rumbles even more than it should because im nervous. sounds stupid but it really effects me badly - i get quite ill talking about it. iwent to a councillor and it got sorted until recently.
im starting year 10 soon and could you peeps pleaz help me wit sum question??!
* Do you have to work in silence much?
* Are the teachers more stricter?
* Do you have to go to any meeting things about colege and work experienc?
* Do they make you sit boy girl?

Ok, now i feel like such an idiot asking all these questions but i feel itz for my peace of mind. may b i am pathetic? pleaz help me and it would BE great if sum1 cud also tell me about what year 10 is like and the sort of things u hav to do?

Thanks and lol!! :D
Xx_I_Luv_U_xX
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby sovs » Thu Aug 28, 2003 12:11 am

I found year 10 pretty much the same as the other years.
I used to sit with my friends and the teachers are the same as always.
I think you are probabley due to go to work experience. You can try anywhere, it goes on for 2 weeks. I went to a company my brother works at, and i as a office junior.
The only thing i noticed about year 10 was you got assigned a lot of course work, but i dont remember being silent that much.
If your belly rumbles dont worry, at the worst people will think you havent eaten or hungrey (its better than farting lol).

Hope i put your mind at rest.

Sovs :wink:
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby woopdecker » Thu Aug 28, 2003 9:36 am

I'm just about to go into year ten as well. I've bin told by friends that it's jsut the same, if not, better than theother years. You get treated with some respect and are more indipendent. About work experience, enjoy it as much as you can, it should be nice to get away from school for a week or two!
All the best,
Luv Maz
some people never listen. Others never try, with eyes and ears shut tight.. the world just passes them by.
woopdecker
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Xx_I_Luv_U_xX » Sat Aug 30, 2003 4:02 pm

Thanks guys! Ifeel better lol! :D
Xx_I_Luv_U_xX
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby smile » Tue Sep 02, 2003 3:12 pm

It is near enough identical to the other years although you do get treated with more resposibility. You do get a few meetings about work ex. but they are always with friendly teachers who you can talk to like friends so no worries there.
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby JennaXXX » Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:39 pm

My stomach used to continually rumble in class! But you know what? People really dont have a clue whose stomach it is! Its just this noise that has erupted from somewhere but no one knows where!
JennaXXX
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby SugarRainbows » Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:56 pm

Also teachers tend to be more friendly in year 10 because you chose to be in those classes (most/some of them) because of this classes tend to be more relaxed as all the other students want to be there too, so people dont play up or make stupid comments all the time. There arent many other changes to year 10 than from other years apart from you get to drop some of the subjects you hated (yey) and so you should have less work that you dont like to do which should make it better :)
SugarRainbows
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Rock_Queen » Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:58 pm

my tummy rumbles all the time, and usually when the class is at its most quiet, i just laugh it off with a slightly beetroot face :oops:
Rock_Queen
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby lilessexgal » Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:26 pm

yeah dont worry about sitting boy girl and stuff like that because usually you dont have to! if your stomach rmbles laugh it off and say im hungry or something like that! the more you panic the more its going to happen so just relax and have fun! (well as much fun as you can have in year 10 lol)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby KoRn_Freak » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:51 pm

When I was in year 10 there was so much unneccessary emphasis on the GCSE final exams. First thing's first: get coursework out of the way, revise for any module exams, and you're good to go for year 11. I found that they weren't any stricter or the material wasn't any harder. My major subjects were Art, English and Ceramics, all three being very laid back, especially the two design subjects. I got to eat chocolate in class, have a laugh with my teacher who I still adore, listened to music and because of that I felt really relaxed and got my work done.

Year 10 is a breeze; just keep focused on your work and keep a level head and you'll be fine.
We've got a long way to go; when snow hits the asphalt, cold looks and bad talk come...
We've got a long way to go; it's beyond Martin Luther: upgrade computer.
KoRn_Freak
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to School, College & University