School is so boring

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Is school boring?

No, it's educational and thats what matters!
28%
Definitly
55%
School is dead exciting, speciallly algebra
17%

Total votes : 29

School is so boring

Postby plattsy_girl » Sun Aug 31, 2003 6:34 pm

hi. Does anyone think school is boring? I can't stand it, day in day out. In nearly every lesson I feel like goin sleep. Good job that i've only got 1 year left. Hey aren't these supposed to be the best days of our lives??????? :-({|=
Loreal, because you're worth it...
plattsy_girl
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby sovs » Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:35 pm

I didnt love school, but i did used to love flirting with the boys.
you'll find the time goes quickly now, preparing for exams etc.
Lets face it in 10 months your GCSEs will be over and you will be finished with school.

Sovs :wink:
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Stacker » Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:48 pm

I hated school but I did have fun at school.
On my breaks I used to go the boys loo's and meet up with whoever was my b/f at the time for a make out session and I fag! \:D/
In my lessons I used to try and get kicked out of lesson on purpose because I could then go to the loo and have another fag when the teacher wasn't looking.LOL.
And I still was made head prefect!!! :-s

I'm only 20 and I do miss school not for the lessons but for the stuff I used to do with my mates.
Once you leave school and go on to college,work etc you can't do any of that.
THAT's when life gets boring. :-({|=
Actions speak louder than words.
Stacker
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby si » Thu Sep 04, 2003 5:27 pm

i know what u mean about it being boring, sum times i wake up and hate the idea of having to got to skool that day. i have skived of a few times cuz i could not take it but i soughted that now, u just have to stay ditermined to do it and the day soon passes. u say i h8 skool, fair enuff i do to, but u get to see your friends everyday and u do have a few gr8 times, u just got to try and work through the borin bits :P
~#@/*si*\@#~
si
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby X_Smiler_X » Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:45 am

Tell you something, once you leave school and get into the adult way of life, you will miss is!
I do, I used to tell myself school was a waste of time, and bored the hell out of me, but Looking back now, I really do miss it.

You miss your friends, lunchtimes, mucking about...enjoy it while you can!

K xx
Smile at life, and life will smile back at you.
X_Smiler_X
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby sovs » Fri Sep 05, 2003 4:27 pm

Yep, totally agree :D
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Llisa » Fri Sep 05, 2003 7:33 pm

I've just gone back to college this year, and I absolutely love it. It's great taking a whole course that I'm actually interested in. I'm not taking anything that I hate, which obviously makes school way more enjoyable. The whole college experience is amazing and I'm excited to keep going!
HE has all the answers

The wait for that perfect someone may be long and painful, but the payoff lasts even longer, and is the most painless thing in the world.
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby sovs » Fri Sep 05, 2003 7:57 pm

Im really pleased for you Llisa :D
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby plattsy_girl » Fri Sep 19, 2003 6:40 pm

yeah llisa but i bet u have chosen subjects you wanna do. Of course I like some of mine but like 90% of them i dont.
Loreal, because you're worth it...
plattsy_girl
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Enigma » Fri Sep 19, 2003 6:48 pm

In the future you will look back at your school days and you will realise how good things really were. You won't believe that now, but you will in the future. I don't mean that you'll look back and realise you did enjoy school, but that you'll understand how easy you have it before you enter the real world.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Llisa » Sat Sep 20, 2003 7:30 pm

True stuff Enigma. Yes, Plattsygirl, I am taking subjects I like. I don't know how the college system works in the UK, but over here, if you pick say...automotive management as your career for life...you'll only be given courses that are related to that. You'll study cars themselves...how to run a business in cars...entrpreneurial skills...that sort of thing.
When I was in high school though, I had to take a lot of courses that I hated. I still think a lot of the courses I was forced to take were pointless, but the thing is, it's great to have a broadband of knowledge...not matter how pointless you think it is. I'm sorry that you don't enjoy school, but when you look at the big picture...school is such a small part of your life. The only thing for you to do is make the best of it.
*Llisa*
HE has all the answers

The wait for that perfect someone may be long and painful, but the payoff lasts even longer, and is the most painless thing in the world.
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby LoVe BuG » Fri Oct 10, 2003 6:45 pm

yea i agree skool is borin 2 day my mum found out bout my skivin and shes totally ignorin me but if i didnt go skool i wudnt c all my friends id probably not even no thm i wud neva c my b/f's or ex b/f's but i get snt out of every lesson ne ways cuz none of my teachers lilke me so 2 me skools quote gud cuz i jus walk off and go c all my m8s and my b/f!!
LoVe BuG
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Ciara » Fri Oct 10, 2003 10:38 pm

School is boring when ur there, but if i didnt go i might not have met my mates and bfs, which would be worse! + in the hols i always end up bored during the day so unless i moved somewhere hot with a beach and stuff to do (i live in a rubbish town with nothings to do and lots of rain), i'd probably go mad or just spend the day in bed (would mind sleeping in tho). Its our teachers that make school boring - i like the subjects depending on the teacher, i hate maths just cos the teacher we have is a right pain in the u know where. ( tho it is funny to annoy him)

Also, now i'm doing my gcse's & im worried cos im gonna have to make some decisions about nxt yr, theres too much pressure to do well in the exams and theres no break from coursework!

plattsy_girl, u didnt get to chose ur gcse subjects? thats kinda rubbish.

Luv me x
If u hate me 4 who im not, i'll hate u 4 who u r.
Ciara
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby MikeO » Thu Oct 23, 2003 9:14 pm

I hope the Labour Party change the school system so we students can pick the lessons we want to do ( apart from the essentials, english, maths, science ) cos I would just do Art and extra English.
MikeO
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby worriedteen1 » Sun Oct 26, 2003 8:52 pm

Hmm i know this may sound sad but I actually enjoy school. Well i enjoy the lessons rather. The only thing i dislike about school is the people there. I find some people can be very immature at high school and everyday there are numerous problems. Anyhow the moral.... lol schools not boring its actually the people there who put a downer on your day! *bigxmastree* Sorry about the tree its just sooooo coooool and also irelivant.
worriedteen1
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Next

Return to School, College & University