Annoyin Teacher

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Annoyin Teacher

Postby pretty_in_pink » Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:51 pm

This aint 2 bad but it is reall annoyin me.
I try really hard in this particular lesson and i used to enjoy it. i normally do really well wen i put this much effot in but this time, i try really REALLY hard and i get a low mark. i dont wanna sound lyk a geek or n e fink but it has really annoyed me. I mean, what is the point of tryin if i am gunna get that!?!
I no i should just try betta or something but GRRRR!
thanx for lettin me get that off my chest.
luv
kaylee!
xXx *snowflake* *reindeer2* :grouphug:
i am no-one,no-one is perfect,i must be perfect then! \:D/ *kissheart* :rainbow:
pretty_in_pink
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby sovs » Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:21 pm

What year are you in? and whats the subject?

I will get a better idea then :wink:
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby saz » Mon Nov 24, 2003 9:33 pm

If you are trying really hard but still struggling then maybe you just need a bit of extra help. I am seriously terrible at maths - i cant grasp most of it and i needed extra lessons and they really helped me. In these classes there are less pupils and you get more time with the teacher. You could ask your parents about getting some home tutoring.

I took up German in the 3rd year but struggled so badly. In the end i went to my head of year in tears because i just couldnt cope no matter how hard i tried, and the german teacher wasnt helpful. In the end they let me change to something else, but after i had had lots of help i just couldnt do it.

So dont give up take all the extra help you can get, it will be better in the long run. Speak to your teacher or head of year, and parents i am sure you will work something out.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Enigma » Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:55 am

At school, Science was a topic that I loved. It became a problem though when I got to the year where the subject is split into Biology, Chemistry, and Physics. I was useless at Chemistry, and it was getting me down. In the GCSE mocks I was given a 'U'. In the end though I received a grade 'B'.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby smile » Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:27 pm

At the end of school you will be glad that your teacher pushed you that little bit more to get a better mark because if you thikn about it, the harder you try, the better mark you will get so your teacher probably knows that you can get a better grade and is encouraging you to do so.
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby pretty_in_pink » Sat Nov 29, 2003 9:22 pm

i iz in yr 10 and it iz food.thanx 4 ur help. i am tryin harder and gettin betta. da class is small n e way so dat should b ok. my mum is helpin out at home wit hw and stuff and it really is helpin. i still dont get on wit da teacher but it is a LOT betta. Thanks
Kay
=D>
i am no-one,no-one is perfect,i must be perfect then! \:D/ *kissheart* :rainbow:
pretty_in_pink
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby lynne242 » Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:02 pm

I had a really horrible french teacher at school - she used to make fun of me if i made a mistake...you had to be perfect. I knew i could do the work, so when i got the result i needed I didnt care about her any more. when I left school i met her in Tesco and I walked up to her and told her what I thought about her. some teachers forget what its like to be young - trust me girl - they wish they were you.
lynne242
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Daftness2k3 » Fri Feb 06, 2004 9:16 pm

*feels guilty for being a teacher* lol
Daftness2k3
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Fidel » Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:40 pm

what subject?
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Daftness2k3 » Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:02 am

History
Daftness2k3
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Fidel » Sat Feb 07, 2004 12:42 pm

I love history. I think it is unfairly tagged as boring. I take it at higher and we're learning about the American civil war then the Russian Revolution.
It's good stuff
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Daftness2k3 » Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:59 pm

Ah the Civil War. What part are you learning about at the minute?
Daftness2k3
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Fidel » Sat Feb 07, 2004 2:58 pm

We're just finishing. We did the Gettysburg address last week
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby lynne242 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:12 am

Daftness, no need to feel guilty for being a teacher lol where you have "annoying teachers" like my old french teacher, you also get those who inspire. Ive had many great teachers in the past who give respect and ultimately receive respect from their students. the ones that stick in my mind took the time to talk to you like a human being, never singled out weakness for the purpose of displaying it to an entire class but most of all made you believe in yourself. Im pretty sure you are one of the good ones!
lynne242
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby pretty_in_pink » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:37 pm

yeah, some teachers are really good (obiously like u :D ). Some like my french and english teachers are great and i do really well n r like enthusiastic bout it all.
pretty_in_pink
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Next

Return to School, College & University