I think im going to fail my exams!

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

I think im going to fail my exams!

Postby LoVe BuG » Thu Dec 18, 2003 9:46 pm

I cant help it but i just have a feeling that ill fail my exams as i cant say no to people well i can but it makes me miserable when i do its as if someone asks me to skive ill do it my first answer is yes straight away i dont think but when i do say no im sat in alesson on my larry and i get well bored.

Sometimes my mates ask me if i want a spliff sometimes i say no but when people had annoyed me or ive just had a little test i do it i dont want to i just dont think so i have to skive because im high or im in a lesson absolutly delerious.

what can i do to help me say no? im so full of problems this week! well it isnt a real big problem it just gets on my nerves so much!

love trudi

Oh and soz if in any of my posts have really bad spellings im dislexic
Ï'll ß §mïlïñg wëñ ï © ü, thë të䮧 wïll ñëvä §höw, ï kñö ï'll älwäÿ§ lövë ü, & ÿët ü'll ñëvä kñö
LoVe BuG
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby smile » Thu Dec 18, 2003 9:54 pm

Love Bug,

I think you have to take control of your life and not keep doing what everyone else wants you to do. After all, it's your life. If your mates keep skiving then let them skive. They are the ones that will have the failed exams at the end of it.

All I can say is take control and show them what a strong willed person you are.
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Re: I think im going to fail my exams!

Postby Pecka » Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:25 pm

Hi Trudi,

Hope you don't mind me responding to your post. I'm a teacher in a school for students with learning and behaviour difficulties and because I teach PSHE, loads of the students talk to me about life in general.

I'm sure you don't need me to point out that what you are doing is avoiding the things in life that challenge you or have the potential to make you feel bad. This is a very natural human reaction. We all do it. I dread teaching certain classes and would probably try and skive, if it didn't mean I'd get the sack! If you struggle with school work because of concentration or your dyslexia, you are bound to feel like avoiding it. Let's face it, what is more appealing....double maths or a walk down the shop?!

The key thing you have to think about is how long you are going to go for the easier option. In my life, I've discovered that if you are not prepared to work for things and put in that little bit of effort, you end up with the left overs noone else wanted. It applies to everything.....food, husbands, cinema seats, jobs.

For whatever reason, the mates who keep asking you to skive with them or go off for a smoke, are doing the same as you. Despite what they say, there are very few kids in this world who would want to skive on their own. It's boring. I would be willing to lay money that there is atleast one other friend you skive with who feels the same as you. Who wants to go to class but is struggling with their work or just doesn't want to look stupid.

Try it one day. Wait for your mates to say 'are you coming?' then just say, 'No, I'm going to go to class'. Then you've got two options, either tell the truth and say 'I've got to get my head down and see if I can pass my exams' (I guarantee atleast one of them will respect you for this and probably agree and come with you) OR just use someone else as an excuse like 'My mum's said she won't give me anymore money until I start going to class' OR 'My dad's said he will buy me.......if I go to every class this week'. One 14yr old boy in my class told the others that he was getting a fiver for every good comment at parents evening...he was lying...but it did the job and they got off his back.

Finally, what isn't helping is the smoking. It's a vicious circle...you don't fancy going to one class, so instead you have a spliff, then you're not really in a fit state to go to the next one. Try and cut down on the smoking. One boy at my school wanted to get out of all the drug taking, so he told everyone he was giving up and statred wearing nicotine patches. The other boys seemed to really respect it. I suppose it made him look 'grown up'. Then when they asked him to go out for a spliff he said it would make him want to start smoking again. He sometimes went and stood about with them, so that he was still hanging around with the same mates, but it just meant he was in a fit state for the next lesson!

Get back to me if you want. Hope you haven't fallen asleep! Hope you are able to get yourself back into class regularly. It's obviously what you really want to do, or you wouldn't have posted the message!

KP

Edited for profanity by smile on 7/01/2004
Pecka
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby LoVe BuG » Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:45 pm

i was supposed to skive last lesson today (PE) so boring but i didnt as i had alreadt skive french (can't stand the teacher hes agressive towards me) but in PE as it was like the first day back i thought it was a monday so i forgot my kit and i didnt fancy half an hors detention next monday so me and 2 of my mates kind of sneaked away while everyone was doing PE so we dont know if we got caught but we ask about 2 people if miss said anything and they said no so i hope not.

But i am quiting smoking and spliffs ive not had one for 2 weeks yet.
Ï'll ß §mïlïñg wëñ ï © ü, thë të䮧 wïll ñëvä §höw, ï kñö ï'll älwäÿ§ lövë ü, & ÿët ü'll ñëvä kñö
LoVe BuG
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Dr_MCB » Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:24 pm

Revise?
Dr_MCB
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Fidel » Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:50 pm

:-?
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Return to School, College & University