Behind in ALOT of work

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Behind in ALOT of work

Postby look_for_the_sunshine » Fri Jan 02, 2004 5:34 pm

i am 16 now, in yr 11 at school. i have so much coursework: food tech, child development, english and business studies,due in in the first week back at school from the xmas hols
i havent done much at all, i keep putting it off and just cant be bothered 2 do it, i have no motivation anymore, i dont care about my GCSE's i wish i did but i just dont, i dont know y i am being like this, i usually care about my school work and that but its all just gone down hill.
i have 2 essays which were due in about 6 months ago but i havent done them, i asked for help but my english teacher just confuses me more
head of english doesnt like me so she just doesnt care
i dont know what to do to get it all done, most coursework is due in finished by febuary/may i am really behind and just cant catch up
please help, give me encouragement anything! i dont know what to dso im getting so stressed out about it. :cry:
'When it seems like things are gettin 2 much, look 2 the sky,and with every star you see there is hope n if there aint no stars then ur screwed!lol,soz not very hopefull!!!!!'

'If you have faith you have everything'
look_for_the_sunshine
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby luvva » Fri Jan 02, 2004 6:12 pm

Hey
Well I think that you should try and out aside an hour or two a day and try and get as much work done as you can. I dont really understand your post, you say that you don't care about your GCSE's yet you are really worried about handing your work in.

Nobody really wants to do their work and they try and delay doing it for as long as possible, i do the same. I think though that I always try and get my work done because i don't want to rush and do it the day before i go back and as least if i get it all done its out of the way and i wont worry about it.

Maybe you could talk to your friends or cousins and see how they are coping or how they coped. I definitely think though that you should try and get as much as you can done to the highest standard that you can. Try and focus on any dream that you may have and remember that hard work really pays off.
Goodluck and remember to try and set aside an hour or two everyday.
(sorry about this post being quite long!!)
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby woopdecker » Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:22 am

Hey, i've been putting off my coursework for ages to, so i'm a fine one to talk. But i think you need to right up a timetable for ya work.
The motavation will only come from you and you only, inside anyway, we can all come on here screaming and shouting "YOU CAN DO IT!!" but it'll make no difference unless you listen and think it yourself, if you make yourself work at the start, i bet by the end of all this timetable thing, you'll be doing it without even thinking of forcing yourself....i hope :-?

Don't get stressed, it'll only make things worse. Sit down when you feel sressed, just it and take deep breaths, from your stomach, concentrate on your breathing, nothing else count 6 or so seconds when breathing out, dont hold your breath, just nice and smoothly in and out..Thats the best i can describe that exercise i was given to do to cakm me down, works if ya do it propaly as well.

But there ya go, not much help, but thats what i think.

Luv maz
some people never listen. Others never try, with eyes and ears shut tight.. the world just passes them by.
woopdecker
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby luvva » Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:35 am

I think that was probably better advice than mine! I wouldn't really know about being rushed with courseowrk or anything 'cause im only startin year 10 so i havn't had that much yet. I still put off doing homework though but im going to try and stop that! probably better anyway!
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby woopdecker » Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:37 am

yeah, start to stop putting it off now, before you regret it! I started y 10 in september, regret puttin off work now, i'm so behind!!

And i'm sure she values everyones advice the same
some people never listen. Others never try, with eyes and ears shut tight.. the world just passes them by.
woopdecker
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby look_for_the_sunshine » Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:07 pm

i dont really care about my GCSE's not as much as i used to but im worried about all the work cause i dont wana get shouted at by the teachers at my school (i hate them all!!)my school is VERY strict, i have asked 4 help but its no good, it always confuses me more!
also i see people like my cousins who only have jobs like a cleaner, which do not get paid alot, she has 3 kids to support n she does fine, yer more money wouldnt go a miss, but shes doin fine!
'When it seems like things are gettin 2 much, look 2 the sky,and with every star you see there is hope n if there aint no stars then ur screwed!lol,soz not very hopefull!!!!!'

look_for_the_sunshine
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby luvva » Sat Jan 03, 2004 8:22 pm

Well being a Cleaner is fine, nothing wrong with that, as long as there isn't anything that you would rather do. Im sure you probably have the power to try and fulfil any dream you have. Isn't their any job that you've wanted to do since you were 5?? or a job that just seems really interesting?
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby woopdecker » Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:37 pm

Agree with Luvva, do whatever you need to do to be able to do what youve always wanted to do, and if it's a cleaner, then be a cleaner!
woopdecker
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby look_for_the_sunshine » Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:12 pm

i have wanted 2 be many things before, but always gone off the idea of them jobs, i dont really have any idea what job i want, which may be partly the reason y i dont care about my GCSE's anymore, i dont have any future job goals,

look_for_the_sunshine
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby sovs » Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:22 pm

Well to be honest my highest grade in my GCSE's was a C, my lowest was a F.
It doesnt matter to much as long as you dont want to be a rocket engineer, hehe.
If you decide what you want to do at the end of school like a Beautition of Chef ect, you can go to college and get qualifed so if your GCSE grades turn out bad its not the end of the world.
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby misatok11 » Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:48 am

It took me a cosiderable amount of time to work out what i wanted to be in life.

I was quite good at school then i lost interest and left with my SCE's (Scottish GCSE's) i worked in a photographic Studio before i left to Join the RAF.

Just take your time and speak to people find out stories for them and concentrate on what you enjoy and are good at and see if you can turn that into a career.
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby smile » Sun Jan 04, 2004 3:21 pm

I have no idea what I want to be but I do know that getting the all important GCSE's will help me on my way to deciding. W've only got another four or five months left and these months can change our lives. (I'm in Yr 11 too by the way.) I'm convincing myself that for these four months I have to work really hard. After that I can do what i want. Just go for it in these next few months and by the end of it you should be happy with your results.
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby luvva » Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:56 am

Im startin to get a bit worried that i don't know what i want to do. I've only just started yr 10 so i have got a while yet but im still a bit worried!

I have no idea at all what i want to be, i was thinking a teacher but i have been put off that idea then i was thinking chef and well i suppose that is achievable and my cousin is a chef so i would have help in college but i haven't chosen food tech now.

I think if at the end of yr 11 i dont know what i want to do I'll just end up being an accountant but i don't really want to be but its just im quite good at maths so I think I mite get an A or A* so that would probably be a good start!

I know lots of people don't know what they want to do but i'd just like to be more certain about my future!
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby smile » Mon Jan 05, 2004 4:31 pm

Don't be worried. In year 11 they will probably give you careers meetings. They help a lot and they are usually with someone professional who can advise you if you're not sure what to do.
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby umistgirl » Tue Jan 06, 2004 2:50 pm

Hmm...i know i should be encouraging- but please dont do what i did and bust a gut over GCSE's - they are forgotten in 2-3 years time...i mean they tell you they are so important- they are...but all you have to do really is get at least 5 C's and you can do anything....there is very little argument for striving for those top grades...i nearly gave myself a nervous breakdown during mine...sleepless nights...endless crying..and i got 8A*s 2A's - big deal :-? ...I'm at uni now...in the same class as people who got 5C's who are doing just as well and I wonder whether it was worth it....even when i have been for job interviews- they only care about my uni performance. my GCSE's are insignificant- so pleaaaaaaaaaasssssseeeeeee dont beat yourself up over them. just do what you need to get on to your next stage in your career path.
umistgirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Next

Return to School, College & University