Revision Techniques

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Postby nothings_shocking » Tue May 24, 2005 10:23 pm

luvva wrote:Ooh...I started this post! :)

Anyway, yea..I've got my first proper GCSE exam tomorrow (English Lit) think my revision has been quite good. Just changed between subjects a lot, gave myself breaks and found different ways...reading alone, reading outloud, making notes, bbc bitesize, spark notes etc. Lots of different things!

You did indeed. Those are very good techniques. You have to try differnet ones to see what suits you.
Don't forget it is still not too late to revise now.
nothings_shocking
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby mew_mew_kitten » Wed May 25, 2005 9:38 am

Last year for my GCSE's I covered my walls in notes....everytime I woke up I had a huge picture of a kidney in front of my face but it certainly worked!

I've had my bedroom decorated this year, so I can't put any stuff up on the walls but I've made some little key word cards with the meanings on the backs of them and this means that my Mum or my Dad or my sister can help me by taking them out of a hat and testing me.....

I'll let you know if it worked in August!!!!
mew_mew_kitten
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby luvva » Wed May 25, 2005 1:59 pm

Lol yeh :)

Ooh, I have some things on my walls too...but that isn't helping too much because I'm never in there!

Oh, and my exam went fine today...loads better than I thought. Any other people take the English Literature exam today?
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby nothings_shocking » Wed May 25, 2005 3:41 pm

My brother did. He isn't home yet be he assured me he knew both books well....funny we both done the same books but at different schools...
nothings_shocking
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Something_totally_Wrong » Wed May 25, 2005 5:24 pm

Revise for twenty minutes on each subject per day, it is much better then doing lots and lots all at once, because if you do that, then you get tired and everything just falls straight back out.
It has been proved that if you do small amounts of revision seperatly, it works better then lots and lots of it all at once.
Hello I'm MUNCH and you are?
Something_totally_Wrong
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby luvva » Mon May 30, 2005 11:12 pm

Hope everyone is revising loads! :D

I haven't done any since Friday....which is pretty bad, but I'm just not motivated enough to do it...even though I know I need to!

How is everyone else going? Any more good tips or links to good sites?
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby smile » Tue May 31, 2005 3:37 pm

For subjects like Science, Geography, History etc. make sure you visit the exam board's website and download the specification of your examination. As you're revising have this to hand as you know exactly what you need and don't need to revise. I find it always helps me.
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby luvva » Tue May 31, 2005 9:52 pm

Oh yea, me too.

Always good to actually know what you're going to need in the exam because you don't want to spend time revising things you don't need to know at all.
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Previous

Return to School, College & University