Hating School/ Dreading School.

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Hating School/ Dreading School.

Postby MikeO » Thu Jan 29, 2004 7:21 pm

I dont know why, but from about 2 weeks ago, I've always been dreading school the next day. I'm always trying to get days off without a reason. I just dont feel comfortable when I'm in school and I can't be myself. I wish there was a way of getting out of school completely. or at least, only do the essential subjects at school,(Maths, Science,English etc.) This really annoying because I sometimes feel sick when I'm at school just at odd moments.. it isn't the actual school work that makes me feel like this, because I can do the work without help. I just dont have a clue why I feel like this...
MikeO
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby luvva » Thu Jan 29, 2004 7:47 pm

This probably wont help but I had the exact same thing. There was no reason, I wasn't being bullied or anything I would just always feel sick, mainly in the morning before school but If i stayed off school the feeling would go after about half an hour.

I don't know what it is but recently I have just been looking forward to school so much, I think it's just because recently I have been doing quite good in all of my classes. I'm not sure if it's the same thing but without me really knowing I think i was nervous about going to school because I wasn't the top of the class or I didn't know the answers to questions.

You should probably go to the doctors just to check that it isn't anything serious, maybe a person like a psychiatrist could help you work through your problems.
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby smile » Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:18 am

The exact same thing happened to me. I felt exactly like Luvva did in the morning and ended up not going to school for months because I got myself in such a state. All I can recommend you to do is talk to your parents about how you feel. It could get worse, like my situation did because I kept ignoring the problem. When I eventually talked to someone about it, it made things a lot easier. I think you need to tell your parents exactly how you feel and then maybe they can help you to feel more positive about school.
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby captainf » Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:05 pm

Hey Mike,

How are you at the moment?

I suggest that you just hang in there. I think you wanna be a pilot, right? Well, you'll make it, but to make life easier, you gotta go to school ;)

I'll see ya on msn :)

Ash
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby MikeO » Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:42 pm

I'm ok, too the first lesson of today off. had those dreading feelings again.

as I said, it isn't the work, I can do that easily.. its just.. everything else...
MikeO
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby captainf » Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:18 pm

Hey Mike,

Is it your class? I had a terrible class when in college and I just didn't speak to many of them, just focused on getting my grade. If it's the students that are getting on your nerves, stick it out because they're not worth your worry.

When I was feeling down about my treatment at Safeway, I wanted to leave and my flying instructor said to me "ash, don't worry about them, you're alot better than they are and you're going to achieve things in your life that they couldn't even dream of"

It made me feel alot better, and I just want you to think about it. If the students are causing probs for you, just ignore them, you'll achieve many great things in life because I know you'll work hard.

Ash
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Return to School, College & University