Isolated

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Isolated

Postby Feeling Oblivion » Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:37 pm

I havent done this before, so i guess i'm kinda nervouse. even if you can't actually see me... 8-[

I've struggled since the beggining of secondry school to fit in i guess. Not alot of people are like me, one of a kind you might say. It seems school is my biggest problem.

But just recently i have found it rele difficult, i havent been able to push myself to do any school work,like i sed to, and i have now got 3 peices of c/w and other homework i'm behind on, all in for the next few days. But i dont know why, i have the time, i just dont feel like i can do it anymore. Something happend last week, and it basically has got me so i cant go into this one room at school. This is ruining me, i've lost people close to me because of this. It doesnt feel like i can talk to anyone, i know i should, i've been told before, but i just can't, other people have bigger problems than me.I aint ganna get in the way anymore. :ziplip:

I suppose i'm just a typical teenager? but i've never been this close to giving up. I know i need help, i'm shutting myself up in my room most days, feels like i'm isolating myself from the rest of the world, every known and then i go out with mates, but it's a rare accurance now. :angry:

I miss the people i lost, too much. I havent slef harmed for a while, but i've found myself planing much worse.... (didnt know how else to put that bit)
Feeling Oblivion
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Jo » Sun Mar 21, 2004 2:36 pm

Hiya

There are lots of different ways that you can start to talk to someone. You don't have to see someone face to face if you don't want to. You have taken the first step by posting on here :)

There some web sites where you can find trained people to talk to via private e-mails. For example, the Samaritans are well known for their helpline for people who are suicidal, but did you know that they also have a web site? Its here:

www.samaritans.org :: e-mail jo@samaritans.org :: Tel 08457 90 90 90

The site tells you exactly what will happen if you call them or e-mail them.

If you would feel OK talking to someone on the phone there are a number of helplines that you can call...

Get Connected
http://www.getconnected.org.uk/
0808 808 4994

Careline - Crisis Telephone Counselling for anyone
020 8514 1177

Those mentioned above cover the UK but there could be one that is specific to your area - you can search for one here: http://www.bss101.org/thadir/s1.htm

Remember that there are lots of people out there who are willing to help if you only let them!
Jo
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Flutegirl » Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:01 am

I would try getting an extension on your coursework, just tell your teachers you're having a few personal problems. Get a note from your mum or dad to back this up if you can. Teachers can be very sensitive if you let them in on what's going on.

however I would say the real issue you need to focus on is the fact you're planning to do yourself some mischief. Schoolwork and everything else comes secondary compared to your safety. Trust me if you hurt yourself and end up in hospital, no -one will be thinking about coursework least of all you. Try and confide in some who you trust and who will give your problem the care and sensitivity it deserves. I would suggest seeking professional help also, maybe a visit to your doctor or look into some counselling.

Good luck I hope you feel better soon :D
After all you put me through you'd think I'd depise you but in the end I'm gonna thank you cause you made me that much stronger
Flutegirl
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Return to School, College & University