lonely

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

lonely

Postby grey » Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:19 pm

Hi people I need help, it’s my first post so im sorry If I sound a bit stupid but at I’m having an hard time at school, at my school if your not pretty, cool, fashionable and gobby nobody wants anything to do with ya, and the ‘cool’ people hates you for it. Of course I have friends that are nice but its still getting to me, and it doesn’t help when all the teachers don’t want anything to do with ya because your quiet and not loud and wont help you because they are scarred of the bad kids. And me and my mates have tried to ignore them and keep our heads down but there is only so much you can ignore before it gets to ya. So I was wondering what you would do in my position as I have run out of ideas.

please help

thanks
grey
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby jensensi » Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:22 am

Unfortuanately, most schools are like this. They all have a certain group of people who will go out of their way to make you feel small and stupid.
The only thing you can really do is just keep working hard, enjoy your time with your friends and just dont let them get to you. i know its hard but think of it this way...
most of the girls will wind up on an estate with a druggy boyfriend and three kids by the age of 18.
The lads will end up on the dole living in a horrible flat, with a slapper girlfriend and three kids!!
Just generalising, i know that sounds a bit offensive, but thats whats true for my area.
Oddly, the popular kids in american schools are the clever, witty, beuatiful ones...just a thought

Edited by Saz for profanity 25 March 2004
jensensi
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby saz » Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:29 pm

What you have to remember is that the group of kids who think they are prettier and better are actually quite insecure about themselves and feel the need to hang around in large groups, because being on their own scares them too much. Then when they are in large groups sometimes the pick on others who dont fit in either to try and impress each other or to make themselves feel better.

When i was at school there was a girl who didn't have many friends. She was overweight and had little money so no one spoke to her - apart from me! I stayed friends with her all the way through school, stuck up for her and now she is stick thin with loads of mates but still a lovely girl.

Stick with your friends and ride it out. They will get bored if they get no reaction from you and at some point realise how stupid and immature they are behaving. Dont rise to their bait and keep your cool. If their school work suffers then so be it but dont let yours. They know that they wont do as well as the dedicated ones and try and make people feel inferior to make up for their inadequacies. Their parents probably haven't taken the time to teach them manners and to be respectful whereas yours have.

Good luck and keep at your school work. At the end of the day you wont have to see these kids forever because at some point everyone leaves and starts new lives.

Good luck.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby im here to help » Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:11 pm

I agree with saz all will be ok.

They will get bored once they find something new to do or someone else who is different. different is good they only bully because they arnt happy in themselves and for some reason they see satisfaction in picking on others.

Teachers are teachers im afraid dont like getting involved cause they want to be shouted at by the bad people's parents.

You hang in there and i hope things blow over for you and friends soon.
im here to help
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby loolake » Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:24 pm

wow, you sound like me when i was in high school (lol)

The high school i attended was very bad for things like this. But although you may hear this a lot, its very true, that these people who care only for fasion, looks, and being 'cool' always lose in the end. They people like that leave high school and find that the 'real' world is not like school, and everyone doesn't like you if your 'cool'.

The best advice I could give is to try, really try, to not let it get to you. Believe in yourself that you do not need to pretend to be someone just to get everyone to like you.pupularity in high school amounts to nothing in the long term, and i suggest you do what i did. Concentrate in school, get those grades, and you'll find that once you have all the education you want from high school, moving on afterwards is great.

The 'real' world is not like high school. Trust me, things will get much much better :)
" So long as there is breath in me, that long I will persist. For now I know one of the greatest principles on success; if I persist long enough I will win."
Og Mandino
loolake
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to School, College & University