school nurse

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

school nurse

Postby lilme1389 » Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:05 pm

hi, im new to this website, but i was just wundarin... my friends takin me to see the school nurse to talk because things have been happening at home. Will this be kept confidential, or is she alowed to tel people and get help for me without me saying? thanx for any quick replies.
lilme1389
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby misatok11 » Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:53 pm

This will be kept confidential unless you request otherwise. She may recommend other agencies to help you.
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby lizzie.s. » Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:05 am

yeh. i think its actually against the law to tell someone withouit your permission....
it makes you think doesn't it?
lizzie.s.
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby saz » Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:42 pm

Hi it is a really good idea to go and talk to the school nurse if you are having difficulties, she will be able to help and support you and perhaps find other ways to help you such as counselling if that is what you need.

She wont tell anyone and you should ask her if you are unsure to put your mind at rest. She might ask whether you have spoken to anyone else but she can't actually go and do it for you if you dont want to.

Good luck.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby smile » Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:31 pm

If you are still in doubt you could always ask the nurse yourself. It might put your mind at rest a bit more.
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby lilme1389 » Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:15 pm

thanx for the help. my parents have been hitting me and my friend was worried. we went to see the nurse and theyv been talkin to social services today without really asking me if its what i wanted. im really scared there going to tell my parents without asking me this aswel. i dont want my brother to know about any of this as it would really upset him, and im scared that he'l find out if they do contact my parents. i really dont know what to do.
lilme1389
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby luvva » Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:20 pm

I know doctors/GP's aren't allowed to tell people, but I thought that if you tell people in your school like teachs they can call the right agencies or authorities because your in danger.

I think they will talk to you, but I think they will probably speak to your parents, but this is probably for the best. I know you don't want your brother to get upset but I suppose if they tell your parents he'll find out, just try and comfort him.
Sorry I don't really know what to say, hopefully it does all get sorted out soon!
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to School, College & University