p.e

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

p.e

Postby 13lack Rosez » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:05 pm

Bleugh... What's more to say? I hate it!

The class is fine, it's just some of the other students in the class. Not your usual nasty comments, it's actually comments that stick with you and hurt your feelings. I'm usually fine with it, but the past 8 weeks we have been on the Trampolines. There's two trampolines and 25 students. *Sigh* And sometimes 30 more students decide to watch. Oh yeah, and not to forget the ones watching from the theory class.

I go to a sports college. And have to get a GCSE for when I leave, which I think should be optional. But it's only the start of year 10 and I'm already worrying. I've got another year left!

So far, I've been missing every trampoline lesson and have one week left. My next lesson is tomorrow. I have an excuse lined up. But not sure if it's the best thing to do. Everyone is really good at it now, and I'm so nervous. I don't cope well when everyone watches me, I blush, twitch or walk out the room. Do I need to talk to someone about this?
13lack Rosez
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby all_apologies » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:34 pm

Are you embarassed because people are taunting you about something about your physical self? Or do you just feel uneasy that there are people watching and you might make a mistake?
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SugarRainbows » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:35 pm

I had a similar problem to you, went to a language college and had to do tonnes of languages but thing is you have to do them cuz theres not really any getting out of it. Id probably get your parents to talk to the school tho see if you can not do trampolining, would probably work :)
SugarRainbows
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby lilessexgal » Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:19 pm

yeah you could get your parents to talk to your teacher but thats as long as you would do all the other pe! because for your GCSE (if its the same as our sports college) you have to choose four specific sports that you would like to be graded in! so if you dont want to do it in your exam and you are really worried about it they might let you off if you explain to them! hope that made sense!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Rock_Queen » Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:36 pm

Hi hun, in P.E. it is hard to build up your confidence, especially when you're a gal and concious of your body! I think if you go to trampolining (believe me its lots of fun when you get into it!) and keep at it. You don't have to try any of the difficult jumps/landings etc at first, if you fall or stumble (i do all the time when we have to go on the trampolines :oops: ) have a laugh about it and have another go! Build up your confidence slowly but surely. Also try and relax and enjoy it! Hope this helps :)
Rock_Queen
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby lewis collins » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:07 pm

Hi 13lack Rosez

When I done P.E in School i was aware that i wasnt as fit as most of the others in my year but i learned to just do my best and treat it as a laugh :)

Lewis
lewis collins
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby lilessexgal » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:09 pm

and that is also very good advice! nobodys perfect so if you do do it just have a laugh and think to yourself your just as good as they are!
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby fairy of darkness » Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:05 am

Dont worry about it when your older high school will seem silly. i havent left yet but it is the thing that keeps me going. So what if you think you look stupid or if your not comfortable with people watching you im sure they feel just as silly. i once had to go to a trampolining class because i thought it would be a great way to get fit and it is but i felt realy self concious in front of everyone bouncing up and down lol. This should not stop you getting your gcse if you want it and if you dont then if you pass it wil be a bonus! good luck honey :P xxx
fairy of darkness
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby 13lack Rosez » Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:42 pm

I didn't do p.e today. Got a bit of a lecture. But I'm considering doing it tomorrow. I'm just scared really. But I have an test on it on Thursday, gonna try the best I can.

x
13lack Rosez
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby SugarRainbows » Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:43 pm

:) Good luck sure youll be fine! not doing well in pe isnt the end of the world anyway :)
SugarRainbows
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby lilessexgal » Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:57 pm

thats all you can do try your best! good luck :D :D
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Rock_Queen » Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:58 pm

don't worry honey, you'll be fine! :D
Rock_Queen
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby arwen » Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:46 am

Ask yourself this:
When you are in a P.E. class, standing at the sidelines watching whoever is on the trampoline, do you think they look silly?

Chances are, nobody thinks you look daft. You all have to get up there and do the same things after all.

When I was at school I constantly felt that people were laughing at me, staring at me and talking about me.

It's now been nearly 10 years since I left school and now I've been in touch with a load of my old classmates through Friends Reunited, it turns out that I was actually really envied at school and loads of people have said things like "I was always scared to talk to you because you seemed so clever and confident!"

I really, really wish I'd known this at the time because my school life would have been so much nicer!! So next time you think someone is laughing at you, chances are either that they're not, or that they are jealous of you. I know you've probably heard it before but it really is true, believe me!

Oh, and trampolining is GREAT fun if you just relax, have a laugh and enjoy it. If you fall over, so what? Get up, laugh, and start bouncing again!! (Good advice for life in general too!!)
arwen
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby madcow » Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:43 pm

My school is really into sport in a big way too, and I have to do trampolining too. It sucks, everyone watches you i know, i know. But you know what? Everyone else is just as self concious as you, noone likes being watched and you have to just laugh at yourself. Maybe you could speak to the teacher and tell him/her how you are feeling and he/she could maybe give you some tips? goodluck hun xx
Be crazy for love and crazy for meeeeeeeee
madcow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby just_me » Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:20 am

just remember every1 is in the same boat as you, and every1 has to stand up there and do the exact same thing thats you have to do, and if some people in the class are really good and you feel coparatively rubbish (for want of a better word) just remember you gotta start somewhere and they were once in your shoes

hope this helps
xxx
just me xox
just_me
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Next

Return to School, College & University