Ignorant Teachers

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Ignorant Teachers

Postby Something_totally_Wrong » Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:24 pm

K, well I'm quiet and at school i'm ignored alot, I'm ok with being ignored by other kids, that's not the problem. It's when the teachers ignore me that gets on my nerves.
It's very frustrating, I'm always one of the first to put my hand up in class, but when the teacher, let's just call her Miss X say's she is going to come to me, she takes 20 mins to come. By which time there's no point in actually starting the work.
It's like I'm invisible to her, I wave my hands around, but she still wont come to me and she actually forget about me! She will go to about ten people before she can even be bothered to come to me. In the end my mates have to scream for her to come and then they get in trouble for shouting.
Has anyone got any advise?
Something_totally_Wrong
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

hhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!

Postby Krazycow » Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:52 pm

Saz, shes just mean and you should just complain to the head of year and get her sacked. my throat is sore from shouting at her today. over the weekend write a formal letter of complaint to the head of year.
C u on mon!!!!
Luv Lal :roll:

[size=9][b]Edited by silver tree for profanity, text lingo and personal details.[/b][/size]
Krazycow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Location: Trapped somewhere i don't know.... Maybe it's the kitchen?

Postby nothings_shocking » Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:33 pm

I had the same problem when i was at school it was also a miss. She would go and help the people who disrupted the class but i could sit there for 20 minutes or more.
Like yourself i got very frustrated...and well annoyed because she would look at me then give her undivided attention to the ones who were causing trouble!!
Anyway...one day i got pretty annoyed as we had end of year exams and everything...so i went up to her and said (without being rude!) "Can you come and help me please?" and then told i had my hand up for like 20 minutes etc...gave some story...
anyway just go up to her and ask if she won't come to you go to her.
nothings_shocking
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby lilessexgal » Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:09 am

yeah im sure shes not completly ignoring you because obviously teachers arent suppose to do that! they just have bad memorys trust me and with so many kids she probably forgets whos asked for help! i bet alot of people in your class could also say she forgets about them putting there hand up aswell! i agree with if she doesnt go to you, approach her.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Rock_Queen » Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:12 pm

Gawd i get this problem sometimes....are you confident enough to shout "miiiiiissss!!!" Thats what i do, and i tell them i'm annoyed when they come round. I get the problem in subjects that i excell at, they feel the need to go to the dumber kids first and leave me with a friggin achy arm. Shout for her and let her know you're annoyed, or get out of your seat and go to her.
Rock_Queen
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby arwen » Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:28 pm

Time to make yourself heard! Either start being a lot more vocal so that she can't possibly ignore you, or go and see the Head (or Head of Year) in private and explain what's been happening - you won't get into trouble for doing this and you've every right to bring the problem to someone's attention so that it can be resolved.
arwen
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby JennaXXX » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:21 am

The quieter ones do tend to get ignored more.
I agree that you should either shout or go over to her. You could also stay behind after a lesson and explain that you need some help and that you have had your hand up for ages but didn't get noticed!
JennaXXX
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Something_totally_Wrong » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:07 pm

Thanx for your help people, much appreciated.
Something_totally_Wrong
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby singingsmiler » Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:06 am

unfortunately teachers tend to get distracted by disruptive students -it happens. You need to be more vocal and say 'miss' i get my classes to do that as it can be easy to forget someone sat quietly in a class of 30. i'm sure its not intentional and if you spoke the teacher about it maybe she would be receptive - i am to students who say the same to me.

Teachers need reminding and sometimes a hand up isn't enough.
singingsmiler
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Secret_days » Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:03 pm

you should go to see your head or head of year
coz this is unfair and if you cant do the work it means your grades will be falling
tell your head and they will proberly talk to the teacher and tell them that they are doing this and hopefully mrs x will start answering your questionsxxx
the world is a sharp place...everbody gets cut...some just choose to
Secret_days
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to School, College & University