Pressure in SAT's

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Pressure in SAT's

Postby Something_totally_Wrong » Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:09 pm

My S.A.T's start on Tuesday, I know that I'll do good in them, but I'm under so much pressure.
You see my when my older sister had her SAT's she did brilliant in them and got all level 7's. And then when she did her GCSE's she got the highest grade point average in the school.
My parents keep saying i'm under no pressure, but they don't understand. They say that I'll do brilliant in them, and that I could be smarter then my sister!
They don't understand that this is pressure!!!

It happens everytime i have an important exam, i get into the hall and then the moment we begin, i freeze! I can sit there wasting presious moments just thinking that I'm going to do rubbish!!!
Something_totally_Wrong
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby madcow » Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:54 pm

Hey hey hey! Calm down. First of all your SATS arent that much of a big deal, there not going to change your life forever. Also you ahve to stop comparing yourself to your sister, as long as you achieve your personal best. When you get in the exam hall, just breath chill out. Look at all the questions on the paper, do the questions worth more marks first, dont waste your time with the baby ones until you have spare time at the end. Goodluck x
Be crazy for love and crazy for meeeeeeeee
madcow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby nothings_shocking » Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:02 pm

you shouldn't be comparing yourself to your sister.
I always used to compare myself to my younger brother as i thought he was much cleverer then myself but when he done his SAT's we got exactly the same (even in out first SAT's (year 6) we got the same!)
SAT's are just to see how you are getting on, they are nothing major and all you can do is your best.
No-one should be expecting you to be like your sister as everyone is different.
No matter what you get your parents will be proud of you.
Just get plenty of sleep and drink plenty too!
Good Luck :D
nothings_shocking
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Something_totally_Wrong » Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:27 pm

Thanx, i guess that i do over react a little, but it's alwas ben a sort of competiton with my family, and not just immediate, my grandparents often compare me with my cousins, which i hate.

I know that my sister is smarter then me. But i'll try and listen to you and relax, sorry if i sounded a little over reacting, just I've been trying to revise for most of the day and I sort of got really worrid, because i am finding it really hard to concentrate, I got worrid that I'd be like this in the exams and sort of panicked - leading me to come on here! LOL, sort of stupid really, isn't it!!!
Hello I'm MUNCH and you are?
Something_totally_Wrong
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby nothings_shocking » Mon May 02, 2005 7:48 pm

don't revise for hours on end as this will not be effective. if you revise for x amount of time and then have a break, walk the dog or something then revise for x amount of time etc...but do not revise all day it is not healthy for you!!
nothings_shocking
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby JennaXXX » Tue May 03, 2005 9:16 am

You can only do your best. If you can say that you did then nothing else matters. That piece of advice always used to work for me when I was doing exams and it still does now that I am at uni.
Good luck!
JennaXXX
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Something_totally_Wrong » Tue May 03, 2005 5:17 pm

mmmmm.... ok so I've got one load of tests out of the way today, and it did actually go better then I expected. True my mind did drift off a little from time to time, but i suppose that it could've gone worse.
The questions were for the most part, quite easy and i just hope that the rest will go just as good. Only three more days and it'll all be other.

I just wanted to say thanks to you all for listening to me.

Thanks ______
Something_totally_Wrong
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Liquidius » Tue May 03, 2005 5:20 pm

You'll do fine. When it comes to exams im so laid back...

Dont revise too much, you'll stress yourself out! But good luck, you know all the info :)
Liquidius
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby lilessexgal » Tue May 03, 2005 5:31 pm

you sound just like me lol i feel under pressure from my parents because my sister got all As in her GCSE's and i didnt do to well in my mocks and i have my GCSE's in a couple of weeks. the only difference is my mum and dad told me i wasnt as clever as her so they dont expect me to do as well.

just relax the worst thing you can do is panic because that will make you more stressed. Revise but dont revise so much your brain pops out and you have no freedom because that will also make you probably worse in the exam. drink plenty of water before the exam and you will do fine!

you are your own person dont compare yourself to someone else.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Pressure in SAT's

Postby roxy_boardbabe » Sat May 07, 2005 4:16 pm

omg iv got my sats aswell :P well, theres nuffin to worry about ok...sats r hard but if ur brainy, u'll do fine babe!! sats r not important atall, its ur gcse's that are important so, STOP WORRYING!!! ur js being silly :P
naw, gd luk kk, and stop panicking, sats r nuffin!!! byee xxxxxxxxxxxx :lol:
roxy_boardbabe
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Jess1234 » Sat May 07, 2005 6:43 pm

I had SATs last week. I'm guessing your in the same year as me? Be your own person don't compare yourself to your sister. Being the oldest i don't have the comparison problem but im sure your parents will be pleased at whatever you get and they will know you've tried your hardest. What are you predicted?
Jess xXx
Jess1234
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Something_totally_Wrong » Sun May 08, 2005 11:01 am

Whoopie, they're over!!!!! Thanx guys for all of your support, I think i've done ok actually, on the subjects that i was really struggling on like Macbeth, I went to see my teachers in the morning, and they helped loads.
But yup, thanks guys, you're all fantastic.... now I think for whats left of the weekend I'm going to just relax and chill out... on the oter hand, I might go out and by myself a nice present, I think i deserve it.

LOL

Thanx again!!!
Something_totally_Wrong
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby lilessexgal » Sun May 08, 2005 8:12 pm

im glad to hear you think they went well. think your self lucky actually when i came to do my sats i had just moved schools and hadnt done any shakespere so when they were going on about macbeth i was like what the hell? lol

hope your results are ok!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Something_totally_Wrong » Tue May 10, 2005 7:40 pm

It must have been hard for you lilessexgal, I had a difficult enough time and i haven't ever missed a day off school...
But yeah, the Macbeth is the only one that I've got uncertainties about, that one could go either way, as far as I'm concerned... the examiners were very evil in it!!!
Something_totally_Wrong
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby nothings_shocking » Tue May 10, 2005 7:43 pm

lilessexgal wrote:im glad to hear you think they went well. think your self lucky actually when i came to do my sats i had just moved schools and hadnt done any shakespere so when they were going on about macbeth i was like what the hell? lol

hope your results are ok!

I was exactly the same!
I moved schools too. The first day I started was the first day of my SAT's! Was pretty gutted!
I too didn't know some of the things as I had not yet covered that part of the syllubus.
A lesson here...stay at the same school! lol
nothings_shocking
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Next

Return to School, College & University