Pressure in SAT's

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Postby Jess1234 » Tue May 10, 2005 7:56 pm

I dont see the point in Macbeth either. Some made up guy murder some other made up guys....... so what?! I think we should be given something interesting to write about so at least we can get good marks! Lol! Im sure you've done well as i said before.
Jess xXx
Jess1234
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Liquidius » Tue May 10, 2005 8:10 pm

Othello is good :lol: Mind you, I like Macbeth too!

I suppose that's what I get for being an A level english student! hehe :)
Liquidius
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Something_totally_Wrong » Tue May 10, 2005 8:15 pm

Lol, having A levels int all two bad, I want to be an author, so I'm sort of going to need them too...
In reply to Jess though, i agree, I don't really understand how Macbeth can help us, it's a play that was write along time ago, and i for one don't have a clue on what they are talking about!
I understand the main plot to it all, but if you ask me, it all seems a little pointless!!
Hello I'm MUNCH and you are?
Something_totally_Wrong
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby lilessexgal » Tue May 10, 2005 8:18 pm

oooooo an A level english student lol look at you. well it helps to be good at english! im sure you did fine on macbeth all you can do is hope for the best.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby dizzy_days » Wed May 11, 2005 10:01 am

SATs SATs SATs

you have no need to worry!

Wait til you have GCSEs And all the rest of it to do!

Relax... and ENJOY YOUR TIME IN SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*Play*
dizzy_days
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Something_totally_Wrong » Wed May 11, 2005 5:12 pm

Oh don't worry, I'm enjoying it, my older sister has just started college, and it looks real hard, a close cousin has just left college and has just got a new house and that looks even harder, so yup I'm enjoying it whilst it lasts... but yes now that it's over I'm only give it single thoughts when i come onto pp.
But yeah, I can just relax now until July when i get my Maths and Science results... stupid people who mark the English exams won't be giving us them back 'till September.... lol

No offence to any english marker people... lol
Something_totally_Wrong
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby arwen » Wed May 11, 2005 5:21 pm

The way I understood it, was that SATs are really to monitor the performance of the school, not of each individual pupil.
No need to stress over your results because they won't have any impact on your future - but it's good preparation and good practise for the biggies - GCSEs!!
arwen
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Something_totally_Wrong » Wed May 11, 2005 5:27 pm

Yeah, i was talking to one of my teachers today, and he said that they were just guidelines to find out what groups we ought to be in next year, of course they help and everything but also our performance in lessons through out the year affects it as well...
Jeez I wish he'd told me it earlier like, I wouldn't have been so stressed if he had... but still it would have helped if he told me at the beginning of the year as well, i might have paid a tad more attention if he had! LOL
Something_totally_Wrong
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dizzy_days » Thu May 12, 2005 10:53 am

Something_totally_Wrong wrote:Oh don't worry, I'm enjoying it, my older sister has just started college, and it looks real hard, a close cousin has just left college and has just got a new house and that looks even harder, so yup I'm enjoying it whilst it lasts...

you dont hear that often!

you are very smart!!! im sure people will agree with me!
*Play*
dizzy_days
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Something_totally_Wrong » Thu May 12, 2005 1:15 pm

Lol, yeah well I am good at recognising when people are trying to help, and I'm sure that that is what they are tryingto do at school isn't it?
Something_totally_Wrong
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby singingsmiler » Thu May 12, 2005 2:28 pm

Something_totally_Wrong wrote:Lol, having A levels int all two bad, I want to be an author, so I'm sort of going to need them too...
In reply to Jess though, i agree, I don't really understand how Macbeth can help us, it's a play that was write along time ago, and i for one don't have a clue on what they are talking about!
I understand the main plot to it all, but if you ask me, it all seems a little pointless!!

Sorry to be really boring and teacher on you but Shakespeare is part of the heritage of this country and that is why you learn it. Also it is about analysis of language - i agree it's pretty tough and may not seem relevant but he was a great playwright.

On the subject of SATS i think they are a lot of pressure for you to go through and i don't personally think that it should all hinge on one exam.

Don't worry too much i'm sure you did fine. Sounds like you are quite alright about it now.

SS xx
singingsmiler
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Jess1234 » Thu May 12, 2005 4:08 pm

I know shakespear is relevant for and stuff its just hard to understand. My teacher went on and on about it and we studied Macbeth for 8 months none stop! So I got a bit fed up of it. Romeo and Juliet was ok though! I enjoy school most of the time as wel. Like something_totally_wrong said college and house buying sounds way to hard :-? !
Jess xXx
Jess1234
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby MikeO » Thu May 12, 2005 4:47 pm

SATs, to me, where a piece of cake. Just as easy as the usual tests you get at the end of Year 8 and 7.
MikeO
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Something_totally_Wrong » Fri May 13, 2005 12:51 pm

Yeah, now that I've had a week to reflect, I've decided that it was all pretty easyand that i was a little stupid to getso worked up, lol.
Doesn't matter now anyway, thanks for your explaination to whywe have to do Shakespeare Singingsmiler, I supposewhat you say about having to do Shakespeare does make some sort of sense.
But still, I still think that the examiners were a bit stupid on the question they asked us... they told us to revise one thing and a load of quotes, and then they took half of th scene we were studing out, making me loose half my quotes...

LOL
Something_totally_Wrong
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby LME79 » Fri May 13, 2005 12:57 pm

singingsmiler wrote:
Something_totally_Wrong wrote:Lol, having A levels int all two bad, I want to be an author, so I'm sort of going to need them too...

Sorry to be really boring and teacher on you but Shakespeare is part of the heritage of this country and that is why you learn it. Also it is about analysis of language - i agree it's pretty tough and may not seem relevant but he was a great playwright.

On the subject of SATS i think they are a lot of pressure for you to go through and i don't personally think that it should all hinge on one exam.

Don't worry too much i'm sure you did fine. Sounds like you are quite alright about it now.

SS xx

beat me to it :)

I loved Shakespeare at school. I studied Macbeth, Othello, Romeo and Juliet, 12th Night and King Lear. I wish we could have done a historical one though :(
I want to be..a tree..
LME79

PreviousNext

Return to School, College & University