Want to leave

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Postby nothings_shocking » Tue May 24, 2005 10:03 pm

Yer i totally agree with you. I would rather manage every week rather then saying yer i can pay a months rent in advance. Yes education is important as we need to be educated to keep up with the new Acts/policies and everything else. To be honest you learn more when you leave school. Even if that education is college, apprenticeship anything!
I do agree that life can get to that point where the only way to make you happy is if you are spending money. Yes we all do get happy when we buy something new, but i would like most of us do not excessively spend money. Yes we all sometimes spend money for the sake of it.
So really you are saying people with lesser money can enjoy a holiday more then a person with more money? I personally think a holiday is a novelty. I don't go every year I haven't been on holiday for 10 years and the basica reason being we go out for days out instead.
The thing is the more money you earn the more tax you pay...
nothings_shocking
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby mickslogun » Tue May 24, 2005 10:16 pm

Well i guess they enjoy it more, but they don't need it to be happy. People take things for granted when it should be a treat, something nice. I haven't been on holiday in a few years, but i'm not particularly bothered about it because 3 weeks laying about getting hot isn't my thing, i'm much happier doing something i enjoy in one place. I think if you have that thing that makes you happy, you don't need to rely on money and that to be happy. It seems that people have lost sight of the important things and just think that the money is always there, and it's not. What are they going to do is we have another depression and money is virtually worthless? They'll have no idea how to survive without possessions and money. You have to get back to basics and establish your identity before running off and covering it up
mickslogun
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby nothings_shocking » Tue May 24, 2005 10:18 pm

Anyway we have gone off topic slightly...
What are your thoughts on leaving now?
nothings_shocking
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby mickslogun » Wed May 25, 2005 2:51 pm

I still want to, i'd be much happier on the music course
mickslogun
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby nothings_shocking » Wed May 25, 2005 3:34 pm

mickslogun wrote:I still want to, i'd be much happier on the music course

If you want to do a music course then apply before it is too late. Yes, your parents may think pointless but you will be happy and you will be doing something you want to do.
Is there anyway that you can get a taster on the music course? Do you know anyone who has completed it or has nearly completed it?
Have you spoken to your tutor about your decision?
nothings_shocking
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby mickslogun » Wed May 25, 2005 4:01 pm

I'll talk to my parents about it after these exams are over, and apply for the october course. As for tasters, i know one person who does the vocal one, who knows someone who does the guitar one, and both say it's a huge benefit, especially as you meet countless contacts
mickslogun
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby X_Smiler_X » Wed May 25, 2005 5:14 pm

mickslogun wrote:
X_Smiler_X wrote:You do that hun, you will get there eventually!

K xx

Thanks for the help

Your wecome, and chin up! xx
Smile at life, and life will smile back at you.
X_Smiler_X
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby nothings_shocking » Sun May 29, 2005 11:32 pm

mickslogun wrote:I'll talk to my parents about it after these exams are over, and apply for the october course. As for tasters, i know one person who does the vocal one, who knows someone who does the guitar one, and both say it's a huge benefit, especially as you meet countless contacts

it is good that you are haveing a chat with your parents :)
Sounds like you have already made your mind up.
I wish you all the luck with everything :)
x x x
nothings_shocking
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Previous

Return to School, College & University