not good not good

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

not good not good

Postby Kruelty » Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:21 am

ok im really irritated, i have school in 2 hours 20 mins and ive had a 'grant you cant sleep' phase ive been trying to get to sleep from 10pm to 4am a long damn time! Yet i cant get too sleep! now i cant go to sleep or i will fall asleep in class and feel ill! so what im gunna ask (i hope this is not illegal) is if asprin or something keep you awake ? or am i gunna have to drink a hell load of water and eat loads of ceral? really need help within the next 2 hours 20 mins thx
Kruelty
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby mew_mew_kitten » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:53 am

Ooooh my field of expertise :-D Coffee - preferably with several shots of espresso, or something like a Red Bull or a caffienated-coke. I know I should really be saying 'try and get your 8 hours of sleep a night' and 'Just go to bed earlier' but that would be a bit hypocritical :lol:

When you start going to college and uni you'll find out just how 'necessary' coffee is, it's the lifeblood of a student (well, second lifeblood) Pulling all-nighters trying to finish essays and going out on a school night do take their toll and most people need something just to perk themselves up in the mornings. But don't get into the habit where you become dependant on coffee just to get you through the day - caffeine in HUGE amounts can wreak havoc on your body and body clock (as outlined by an article n_s posted somewhere.....) so just save it for those days when you really do feel drained.

If its a recurring problem, you might want to read up on energy-boosting foods, and which foods occur in the release of seratonin in the brain - which is basically a sleepy hormone -and avoid these foods. Its usually things like big bowls of starchy carboyhydrates like white pasta and white rice but you'll need to do further research on the internet for foods that boost the energy system.

You can also buy something called 'Pro-Plus' from a pharmacy which is basically just caffeine in tablet form and gives you a bit of a boost - usually only used when recovering from illness but I know lots of people that take it in the morning before work and it really does help them. Don't assume that a narcotic analgesic such as aspirin will make you more alert - it has the opposite effect, being a narcotic, and will make you dizzy and tired and sluggish. Never take any kinds of drugs without realising the effects and especially if you don't need them.

Well, it's nearly 9 now so I suppose you are already at school, so keep us updated as to how your day went!
mew_mew_kitten
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Kruelty » Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:13 pm

my day went jazz! ;)

well i had a cup o tea and then a red bull during school and was fine ^^ i stayed unactive apart from smacking the ball when it came near me so i didnt tire out, 1st day of school was awesome too!! Im in all my mates groups from other sets and in the same classes with kathryn so i should be able to talk to her easier wooooot ! This really made my day, and thx for the info Mew_Mew, will keep it in mind incase this happends again (im sure it will cos i already have homework from every lesson) just for a boost ya know ;)
Kruelty
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby mew_mew_kitten » Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:34 pm

:lol: No problem.......its gonna be coursework time for me too soon so hook me up to that caffeine drip!
mew_mew_kitten
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby PurePurple » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:08 pm

I don't like coffee but im so nervous of being in year 9, ive got 2 hours 50 left of my holidays and im so sad :( im sort of looking forward to year 9 :^o im sooo nervous Help!
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Kruelty » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:40 pm

xxPurplexx wrote:I don't like coffee but im so nervous of being in year 9, ive got 2 hours 50 left of my holidays and im so sad :( im sort of looking forward to year 9 :^o im sooo nervous Help!

before i post im gunna say this WOAH U LIVE 20 MINUTES AWAY FROM ME, okay i was nervous too (to be honest i was crapping myself) but trust me its awesome! its just like any other year at the begining, i use that to my advantage, saying its exactly the same even though its not its alot better ^^ seriously you shouldnt get nervous over it, it just brings you stress and stress means you dont listen in lessons, i love the system at my school though, i got put in top class for everything (but didnt get moved up a set :() but im in with all my mates in every class, tis really cool, sure you will love it ^^

trust me on this one it happend around 13 hours ago lmao
Kruelty
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby CFG » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:52 pm

LOL I took Pro-Plus when I was doing my A-Levels, but I'm sure I overdosed (that's how hardcore I am, get me, whoo, well-hard Pro-Plus popper! :oops: ). I was on the bus coming home from college at lunchtime and couldn't stop my hands from shaking, and I got really paranoid cos everyone was watching me...

This is why I've never done drugs - concentrated caffeine does it all for me!
CFG
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby danielle » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:06 am

i used to take pro-plus when i worked long nights it really dose help but they can still be addictive so if u do take them still be carefull.
someone once sed to me just because u can buy something over the counter dosent mean it ent a hard drug. it just ent illegal.
when i was at school i used to sleep about an hour at night then just wonder around my house after a while i started taking power naps after school just for an hour or 2 but they really helped..
ALL FOR FUN AND FUN FOR ALL
danielle
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to School, College & University