help!

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

help!

Postby f1fran05 » Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:44 pm

i am about to choose what A levels to do and that. I was thinking about taking RE, film studies, physchology, and something else which i havent thought about yet. But the thing is that is there much of a career with these subjects? Is there any future prospects like uni or is that it and i go out and get a job afterwards?

After i have done A levels can i go and get a job that is better than say your normal shop assistant?

Also, in A levels can you mix the AS/A2 stuff with the BTEC diploma stuff or not?

When i go to college i will go to one in exeter - i am living in essex at the moment - and i am so scared as i will not know anybody and dont want to sit on my own anywhere, - like in a tutor goup - do you have a tutor group at college?

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
remember 2 smile!
f1fran05
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby f1fran05 » Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:45 pm

i also forgot to say that isn't your life about having fun and so i should take stuff which i will enjoy and not be so focused on a job and not enjoy life?
remember 2 smile!
f1fran05
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby brielle » Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:37 pm

Its good that you are taking your studies seriously and are able to choose which subject you would like to do, hopefully somoene else can answer your question of " if its a good idea" to choose these particular subjects, as I have no idea!

When you go to college in Exeter have you got a career in mind that you would wish to follow, you are getting A levels soon, so I would think you would have quite an open field.

I think maybe its something that you will have to ask yourself, the sort of questions would be around, ... are you interested in working with; people..old, mentally ill, sick.etc or children, do you see yourself caring? or do you want to be working in an office environment, their are so many different careers that you could go for.

But your A level passes etc will go a long way as it shows that you are able to study and take information in and remember it, so really I think you just have to try and think of something that you will be not only interested in but that you will be able to be appreciated,and earn a good salary.

As for enjoying life, yes of course this is the ultmate goal of working, usually the way it works is working (only an example,) 9-5 mon -fri, then enjoying the time off, with the satisfaction that you have worked and now
you have a bit of free time, it doesnt work for everyone, but its just a matter of thinking for yourself what you yourself really want out of life, and what you can happily live with! :)

so good luck and I hope you will have a few other answers as well!
we will sit upon the rocks,
and see the sheperds feed their flocks
by shallow rivers, to whose falls
melodious birds sing madrigals.
brielle
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Liquidius » Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:18 am

Well here's one thing I messed up on - when you pick your A levels, if you're planning on going to uni, have a look at the requirements that the course wants! Apart from that, pick away...
Liquidius
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to School, College & University