ahhhhhhhh dunno what to do next

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

ahhhhhhhh dunno what to do next

Postby timetomakechanges » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:14 pm

Last edited by timetomakechanges on Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
timetomakechanges
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby mew_mew_kitten » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:34 am

Well, looking at the courses you are taking I would suggest something like a law profession. What about a barrister, lawyer, court official?
What interests you as far as subjects go? Do you enjoy one more than another?
mew_mew_kitten
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby LICKLELEA » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:53 am

it is early days at the moment, give it a few months and decide what course you like the most and look in to careers which are associated with it, ie. english lit/lang - maybe look in to law or what about teaching?

As I said if you really like one subject in particular you should really take that course at degree level if you do not know what career you want.

I made the mistake of taking subjects I wasn't really interested in at A Level so my advice is to find a subject you enjoy and go for it!.

You do not need to know what you want to do straight away - relax and enjoy!
LICKLELEA
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby The Lost Soldier » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:47 pm

I also just started college and like you and many other people our age, i have no idea what I want to do when I finished college. However doesn't your 6th form run a UCAST/UCAS?? programme. I can't even remember what its called lol. A guidance thing with a tutor or teacher looking though the options with you and finding the best uni or any uni's for you to go to. This hasnt started at our college yet but it will and I'm just wating for a few lessons into that before I make any big decisions because to be honest right now. I'm not worrying about what Im doing in the future and just coincentrating on my A levels. Once I start gettin this guidance from other teachers. Then I'll start concentrating on it. Till then dont worry and let the right time come

TLS
The Lost Soldier
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby brielle » Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:42 pm

basically its very good taking lots of time to pass different subjects, but with that in mind, sounds like to me you just really need to sit down and think about where your true interests lie.
we will sit upon the rocks,
and see the sheperds feed their flocks
by shallow rivers, to whose falls
melodious birds sing madrigals.
brielle
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to School, College & University