GCSEs!!!!!!

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Postby Brown_Eyed_Girl » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:15 pm

sparkly_star wrote:
kitten wrote:A-Levels were really hard especially since I'd missed several months of the course. Apparently they are alot easier now.

I did mine 3 years ago and I found them hard :o

Doing mine now..i'm not sure they're easier, if anything slightly more harder, by, for example in the Geography exam you know longer have a choice of which questions you can do..you have set questions with no chioce so you have to make sure you know everything!

And in Literature, you're no longer allowed to take the text in. Even though you have to quote. And this is with a 232 page Novel. :o
*Hope for the best, expect the worse*
Brown_Eyed_Girl
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby captainf » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:18 pm

Moose wrote:When did you do yours, C_F? I did mine in '99 and we had some multiple choice in the Science exams. I did the same as lilessexgal: guessed! And I passed... :)

I did mine in the summer of 2000 and I didnt have any multiple choice. If I did I would of done so much better than I did. Its no wonder why the pass rate of A-levels and GCSE's has got higher
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby sparkly_star » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:18 pm

Brown_Eyed_Girl wrote:And in Literature, you're no longer allowed to take the text in. Even though you have to quote. And this is with a 232 page Novel. :o

Ah same with mine... not too bad though as long as you make sure you remember a few useful quotes. Thankfully I have a good memory lol.

At degree, we had 1 exam with a choice of questions on 24 different texts and we weren't allowed to take any books in.
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.
sparkly_star
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby kitten » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:32 pm

Can't remember if I was allowed books in my eng lit a level but I have all the texts and they are full of notations!
kitten
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby lilessexgal » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:32 pm

we were aloud books in last year not that it helped me much because i still did badly but we had them there.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby GurlRock » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:42 pm

It is all multiple choice questions now! Much easier!

Anyway I have my maths GCSE Module 1 exam on Firday so wish me luck!
POWW
GurlRock
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby fairy of darkness » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:44 pm

hey hun join the club, i got 3 modular exams next thursday and then loads of maths and french mocks, and my english literiture in january! I know exactly how you feel, all the work just gets on top of you, but it's ok these don't make up a huge part of your exam, just revise as much as you can and you will be fine honestly|!xxx
Constantly moving
fairy of darkness
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Something_totally_Wrong » Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:22 pm

I'm doing my Maths modula 1 exams aswell next week. So don't worry, you won't be alone. If you revise a little then I'm sure that you'll do fine, don't over-tire yourself, just do little snipits at a time.

As for the science ones, you don't have to worry about them... just think, you have a one in four chance of getting them right and if you revise a little for them, it'll be much easier...

Perhaps you and your friends can revise together? That always helps for me... as long as you don't get distracted...
Hello I'm MUNCH and you are?
Something_totally_Wrong
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Brown_Eyed_Girl » Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:39 pm

GurlRock wrote:It is all multiple choice questions now! Much easier!

Anyway I have my maths GCSE Module 1 exam on Firday so wish me luck!

It's ALL multiple choice?! :o

Wtf?

I wish we had maths modular tests! All you have to do is learn, test, forget! Had to practise and remember for 2 years for my maths and it all came down to 2 final exams! (And 2 bits of coursework..but they were only 20%..for them both) :o
Brown_Eyed_Girl
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby GurlRock » Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:56 pm

Not all of them sorry. I suppose I was exaggerating!

It is mostly multiple choice in Science on certian questions I think.

Anyway I have an exam on Monday and can't seem too get it all to stick in my head!
POWW
GurlRock
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Brown_Eyed_Girl » Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:34 pm

As it's..tomorrow..try not to worry. Don't stay up late revising and make sure you get a good nights sleep. Just flick through the modules in your revision guide and pick out key bits, try writing each module as a mind map to simplify everything (which makes the key points stick out). Don't worry about it looking messy or anything, it's just rough. Also, make little doodles next to things when you think of something's, even if they're not related. Here's an example

With our Science Modules we had the opportunity to retake 2. (You might be able to retake more - we could retake as many as we wanted but then too many people wanted to retake them all so they changed it) When I retook my 2 Ds I got 2 Bs so don't worry if that's the case with you :) Remember coursework and the final exam are chances to bring your grade up anyway.

Good luck!
Brown_Eyed_Girl
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby luvva » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:18 pm

captain_flynn wrote:
Moose wrote:When did you do yours, C_F? I did mine in '99 and we had some multiple choice in the Science exams. I did the same as lilessexgal: guessed! And I passed... :)

I did mine in the summer of 2000 and I didnt have any multiple choice. If I did I would of done so much better than I did. Its no wonder why the pass rate of A-levels and GCSE's has got higher

Lol everyone has made GCSE's sound so easy now! The multiple choice is only for a few science exams in year 10, you still have proper exams at the end of year 11.

You shouldn't worry too much about these exams, they are important, but you still have your coursework and exams at the end of year 11 to make the grade up. Some of my friends got D's and E's in the modules you are taking now, but their final gcse result was a C.
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby GurlRock » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:55 pm

OK, just doing my revsision with 36 minutes until the exam! :o

Kinda worried, can't get into my how to do stratified sampling and frequency density.

Should have revised more!

GR x
POWW
GurlRock
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Brown_Eyed_Girl » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:38 pm

Hope it went okay...Let us know how it went! :)
Brown_Eyed_Girl
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby lilessexgal » Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:18 pm

i know its now wednesday so you have done them but i hope they went alright im sure they did.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

PreviousNext

Return to School, College & University