GCSEs!!!!!!

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Postby Something_totally_Wrong » Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:09 pm

URG!!! I had an oral exam in English today, and it didn't go well at all.

I suffer incredible stage fright, it is horrible and unfortunatly it struck whilst i was in the middle of my exam.

I was ok whilst i was walking up to the front of the class, but then when i started my mouth just went dry and i couldn't remember anything of what i had to say. I seemed to be standing there for ages...

Eventually, i was shaking so much that my teacher told me to go outside...

I'm going to be doing it again on Friday and I know that it'll be worse because everyone is expecting me to screw up again...

Any advise? Please... I tried to look at the back wall, but my eyes kept drifting down to all the people in the room! Eeek! ](*,) :-# :headache:
Hello I'm MUNCH and you are?
Something_totally_Wrong
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby lilessexgal » Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:03 pm

well i would just try and relax and well one old thing to do....(might not work never tried it lol) is to imagine everyone on the toilet lol thats way you will feel less embarrassed

when i did my english oral we had to do it about a book.....i chose harry potter and this girl asked me a question about the man that had died and i had to ask her who died in it because i just complelty forgot. lol

trust me as long as you relax it will be fine.

sorry i cant give you much good advice.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Brown_Eyed_Girl » Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:32 pm

They wont be expecting you to screw up again.

If you completely fill your mind with what you are talking about, and pretend that you are talking to yourself...block out everyone, see them, but just don't acknowledge them, it should go okay.

I use to be extremely nervous doing things like that...but I was fine when I did a discussion at the front in a lesson, just because I was so immersed in what we were talking about, I completely forgot we were being watched. I'm doing a presentation on Monday by myself..will just be thinking about what I'm talking about!

Hope it goes okay! :)
*Hope for the best, expect the worse*
Brown_Eyed_Girl
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Liquidius » Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:58 pm

I used to be a tour guide, so I'm used to talking in front of groups of large people. There are a few neat tricks - I used to be scared too.

1. Everyone has had to do it, so they're probably bored of hearing english orals anyway and wont pay much attention. They wont be waiting for you to screw up, they'll be waiting for the end of the lesson.

2. Make eye contact with people you know, or as other people may have suggested, talk to the back wall.

3. Hand gestures and moving around can also help calm you down whilst you are talking aswell.
Liquidius
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Something_totally_Wrong » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:04 pm

Well thanks for all of your advise, I redid my exam and I bared in ind what you all said and actually did it... yay me 8)

I was really nervous though and started shaking real bad, which made me stutter a little and I couldn't see the sheet i was looking at.

Though i did manage to get through it at least, and i was given some chocolate at the end to calm my nerves. Some other people will be doing their exam today, so I think I'm going to ask them some questions, just so i can try and boost my mark a little.
Something_totally_Wrong
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby madcow » Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:31 am

what is this i i hear about multiple choice??? Ive just done my mocks, and will be doing gcses in the summer, there are no multiple choice questions! IF ONLY!

People talk about exams being easy but they really aren't. I have to revise all this holiday becuase in my mocks i got only one A*, 2 As, 1 B and the rest Cs :cry: Reallys ruins xmas.
Be crazy for love and crazy for meeeeeeeee
madcow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby luvva » Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:15 am

Those grades sound pretty good to me! :)

Try not to worry about mocks too much, they do help to predict grades, but they can be wrong too! My english mock came back, and I was predicted an E/F, but i got an A.

Carry on with the revision though! I know it seems tough now, but you'll be glad when you get your results!
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby madcow » Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:52 pm

yeah they would be ok, but my parents took me out of normal school because they have such high expectations and moved me to into a public school, so everyone else gets like 10 As already!!
Be crazy for love and crazy for meeeeeeeee
madcow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Something_totally_Wrong » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:14 pm

I got my results back for my first modula tests in Science and Maths.

In maths I got a B

In science I got a C in Biology and a B in Physics... quite surprising really, I am normally better at Biology then Physics.

I think I could have done better, but I'm happy with my science results.

I'm going to take a retest in Maths, because it was a very low B. I didn't like the maths exam at all and I know i can do better in that.

The next lot are in March now.
Something_totally_Wrong
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bexical » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:21 pm

Awwww i sympathise with you i did all mine all graded a - c except my maths which i re-took and got a c which i was extrmemly pleased about good luck in the rest
Bexical
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby GurlRock » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:55 pm

My results were awful! I got a B in Biology and Maths, an A in English a while ago but a E in Chemistry #-o

My dad was really annoyed with me!

Whoops, just taking my Health and Social care exam, hope I do well in that!! [-o<
POWW
GurlRock
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby MikeO » Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:05 pm

A in Maths, A* in Biology, B in Physics and a C in Chemistry.

rubbish teacher for Chemistry though.
MikeO
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby GurlRock » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:45 pm

I had a rubbish Chemistry teacher aswell! As you may have noticed!
POWW
GurlRock
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby morris mouse » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:42 pm

At the moment I am studying ECDL [European Computer Driving Licience]
There are seven modules and,at least,seven tests :o

I've passed five modules and,have two to go!!

In total,you have three years to complete the course.

That might sound a long time,but,not really :o
ImageImage
morris mouse
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby bellajennie » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:59 pm

morris mouse wrote:At the moment I am studying ECDL [European Computer Driving Licience]

This might be staring me in the face, but i've never heard of this? Sounds intruiging!

Jen x
The World is Your Oyster - If only you could get the damn thing open!
bellajennie
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

PreviousNext

Return to School, College & University