SAT's

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

SAT's

Postby Kruelty » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:59 am

Hey dudes, i got my SATS next month(Year 9). You know any websites for revision? i really need to do well with the SAT's or im ...well screwed to put it one way..

Help is appriciated.

Remember, tree's are purple not green!
Kruelty
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby smile » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:46 am

BBC bitesize, SAM learning... er... there's some books made by CGP or CJP #-o that are really good for revising.

You'll be fine, just do your best.
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby bellajennie » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:49 am

Hey there!

Bitesize has always been really good to me in the past - once you get past all that really scary colourful childishness then its got a lot of decent activities and links to other things that may help.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/ks3bitesize/

Don't worry about these exams though. I know they are always a worry at the time, but they are more to do with whether you are receiving high quality teaching than what you achieve. But, as you say, they are a reflection of your progress so you should still try your best, which you seem to want to do as you're asking for help in advance.

Well done and good luck =D>

Jen x x x
The World is Your Oyster - If only you could get the damn thing open!
bellajennie
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Kruelty » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:08 am

Thanks guys. Thing about me being so revision'y about the SAT's is that i think they are just as important as GCSE's due to how they determine which test you take etc then again i will be revising alot more on the GCSE's :p

Thanks again.
Kruelty
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby bellajennie » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:16 am

Yes I remember that they sometimes influence whether you take higher papers or foundation or whatever. However, it's not the be all and end all. If you're teachers think you are too clever for the ones you are working for then they can easily swop you around - there's plenty of time - and they want you to get the best result possible.

It's nice to see someone so enthusiastic!!

Jen x
The World is Your Oyster - If only you could get the damn thing open!
bellajennie
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby GurlRock » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:04 pm

I'm going through my GCSE's know and did my SATs last year. I did try in them but for some reason I am never really fussed about them.

This showed up in the first GCSE I took, I got an E. Even though I was destined for an A.

So try your best with revision!!!
POWW
GurlRock
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to School, College & University