Body Odour

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Body Odour

Postby random_chick » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:10 pm

There is this group of people in my school who say that I have BO. Anytime i go near them they shout things like " ew it stinks." and "b.o alert" It get's really depressing, i've tried ignoring it and telling them to stop but it doesn't work. they keep on doing it. I get really upset about it. They even sprayed body spray on me today and said that i really need. it. I don't want to talk about it to an adult or a teacher because i get too embarrassed about these things. What can i do to make them leave me alone - please help! :(
random_chick
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Angela.1 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:03 pm

Hi Random Chick,

Firstly, use an anti-persperant deodrant. I don't believe you smell, I think this is a form of bullying, however, if you are taking steps to combat these comments, then you will find it much easier approaching someone in a position of authority to help you with this.

When you have sprayed yourself and are confident about your body odour, walk by this group of people and see if they do the same thing, they will. When they do, dig deep, get all your strength and courage and talk to someone, perhaps a teacher or your mum, it doesn't really matter who, just taking the first step will be hard as you will feel embarassed so choose someone that you trust. They are not going to question your smell and think that these people have a point, although I understand that you may not believe this right now. I promise that they will see these people for what they are and will make no judgements about you.

Making a stand against bullies can be one of the hardest things we have to do in school but, when you have, it will set you up for adult life.

Please don't let this bunch of low-lifes ruin your school years, make a stand and sort the problem out now, before you get to the stage where you don't want to go to school anymore.
Angela.1
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Kruelty » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:51 am

Hey, i hate people like this, bully's drive me nuts!

Try using some Deodrant / Anti-Persperant (I recomend Sure, the unisex "no white marks" one :D) and see waht happens from there. If they say anything in a bullying form like what they usually say or even about you wearing Deodrant / Anti-persperant smile asif it does not bother you and simply ignore them, and go and see a teacher (preferably one you get along with or your HoY, Head of Year). Hopefully from there it should stop :).

Hope this helped.

Quaplah!
Kruelty
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby gatekeeper » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:30 am

I'm not saying you smell. But if you're really insecure about how you smell, I can offer you some advice on how to get rid of body odour cos I had BO and was so scared to stand near someone. (afraid they'll laugh at me.)

1. Always remove underarm hair. It's a good breeding ground for bacteria, esp when we perspire.
2. Use an anti-perspirant and deoderant9(sp?). Some people think it's the same thing(like me lol)but anti-perspirants only prevent you from perspiring too much, they don't make you smell good. But maybe they have 2-1 anti-perspirants in the market now. I'm not sure cos I still use both.
3. Shower before you leave the house and wear fresh clothes, esp the top.
4. If you perspire too much and feel that you stink, never try to mask the smell by spraying on more deoderant. It makes you smell worse 'cos of a chemical reaction or something. Use powder if you can't have a shower.

It might be that they're just making fun of you and you don't really smell. But take steps to prevent BO so you can be REALLY sure you don't smell. When you know u don't smell, you're more confident and it'll not affect you.
gatekeeper
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby problem master » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:53 am

i know what you mean i cant use deodrent of any kind for im alergic to all kinds
the only way people like that stoped that with me was because in the changing rooms in school the sprayed deodrent on me and my skin reacted with 4 different kinds of deodrent landing me in hospital for 2 days then deodrent was banned from my school year.just a little taster of what happened to me cause of the same situation

so a word to the wise hold your head up high as you pass them and ignore them
you dont need a reason to help someone
-----------------------------------------------
problem master
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Rock_Queen » Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:32 pm

Hey there,

Do you actually have a body odour problem? Because we can all smell our own odour! So if it isn't a problem to you then the tarts who say it is can go rub their noses in some dog poopie, they're just being extremly immature.... Can you avoid them perhaps? Then they'll probably forget, and if you have to walk by them, walk beside someone else, on the other side. Try to melt into the background. Unfortunetly there isn't alot you can do about bullying of these sorts, because even if you smell like the goddess of all things nice smelling. They'll make a comment! You just have to stick it out, and i promise it will fade away, or tell a teacher.... they'll go up to them and totally humiliate them if you're lucky. People like these are like dogs: If they do it and something bad happens to them (IE, a telling off from a teacher) Then they'll slowly learn not to do it at all.

Hope this helps :)
Rock_Queen
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby i_still_blame_her » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:31 pm

If you don't know who to talk to - try a young, female teacher. Remember that they will have had plenty of experience as a teenage girl and are more likely to understand. Talk to someone you trust

A
xxx
You're a somebody nobeody, a loveable anarchy, superficial friend.
i_still_blame_her
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby morris mouse » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:42 pm

i_still_blame_her wrote:. Talk to someone you trust

It really does ANNOY me,any type of bullying. :-? :-?
I won't say to ignore them,as I'm sure that's
not possible. :o :o

Best thing to do,as "i_still_blame_her" has said, is tell a teacher [one you can TRUST]
ImageImage
morris mouse
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby bexxie17 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:39 pm

hey i no all dis was posted ages ago bt i just want to say i went through the same thing wen i was at school, people would say to my mates 2 move away and get fresh air, and it was just stoopid lil comments like that, that got me down all the time..it made me take days off school wen i didnt even need to, so then i just had all da teachers on at me about my attendance..so i felt even worse than i did before!!
dem gurls that said i smell made me feel real insecure about myself.
and i didnt have the guts 2 stand up2 any of them...which i really regret not doing. but i did try 2 ignore them (nd i cudnt, i went home crying all the time..but never told anyone about it) but i think dey started 2 realise it wasnt botherin me so they stopped, but they always made a few lil comments in pe sayin eww whats that smell and luk straight at me! i no i haven't been any help but i just wanted you to no that you aint the only person out there thats been through this, if you ever want 2 tlk pm or email me okays, xx
bexxie17
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Tiink3rb3ll-x » Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:47 pm

Hi x

Well first of all, don't worry about it! School's nearly over and they'll have all forgotten about it after the holidays. I know this because it happened to me last year, and it was my closest friends that did it to me! They used to call me B.O.B which stood for B.O *****! Awful init? Some people just don't think of others. Anyway, I had people coming over to me asking me why people called me B.O.B, but I didn't actually know until my two best friends told me... and they were laughing about it to my face! It will all pass over soon enough. Just make sure you do use anti perspirant deodorant (I'm not saying you smell or anything) but it will make you feel better anyway cause then they DEFINITELY don't have anything to call you!

Cya xx

edited by all_apologies for text-talk
Tiink3rb3ll-x
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby all_apologies » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:17 pm

Please note this topic was started over a year ago and has likely been resolved by now. Thanks 8)
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DJ » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:43 pm

I can pretty much assure you, you won't smell. If you've started using deoderant. You'll be fine.

Sometimes I think I smell, but that's because we can smell our own sweat.
Sometimes I ask my mum though "Do I smell"?
Could you check with your mum or dad or brother or sister? I bet you they've been through the same thing.

Make sure when you have a shower you wash under your arms.

Once you know you've tackled the problem. Tackle the bullies if they persist. If it continues and it hasn't been dealt with by your school.DON'T GIVE UP. SO MANY TEACHERS SAY THEY'LL DEAL WITH THINGS AND DON'T! So persist!
DJ
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Pwif » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:05 pm

all_apologies wrote:Please note this topic was started over a year ago and has likely been resolved by now. Thanks 8)

Please note this topic is now two years old, and has likely been resolved. Thanks. :P
Live life to the full
Pwif
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to School, College & University