options!!

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

do u fink options are hard to choose from?

yes
47%
no
53%

Total votes : 17

options!!

Postby xhannahlucyx » Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:53 pm

omg we have to choose our options very soon and it really stressing me out i am cryin etc for no reason it just cos i am so stressed. have you got ne ideas how to kkep my cool. lol
xhannahlucyx
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby chosenfew » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:24 pm

its ok, there not really hard to choose from..just pick the ones ya think ya best at and that you enjoy most...i chose catering, art and child care...i loved all of these and passed them all too :D these where the only ones i passed infact ha ha x
chosenfew
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Brown_Eyed_Girl » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:33 pm

Don't get too stressed about this!

I found it so hard to decide because I'm terribly undecisive..in the end I chose what I liked (or thought I'd like) and went with them. One of mine was complete waste of time, but that's by the by. They're not that big a deal.

The main thing is that you should enjoy what you choose - you'll be sure to do better if you do.
*Hope for the best, expect the worse*
Brown_Eyed_Girl
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby luvva » Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:00 am

I don't think you should worry too much. In our school, we had some time to change, so if you really hate something, you'll be able to change anyway!

I picked a subject, and it was actually a double one, and I've now decided that I don't want to do anything to do with that, but it was still really good, and now I'm in college, I've just picked the things I really do want to do.
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Liquidius » Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:08 am

Options aren't something to worry about - just pick the ones you enjoy the most! The guidelines are pretty strict, so you won't miss out on anything important.
Liquidius
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby PurePurple » Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:58 am

When i chose my options in the end of year 8, I picked the one i did good at and i enjoyed, Now im going on a chefs course :D

Good Luck
xxxx
Last edited by PurePurple on Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby JennaXXX » Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:28 pm

You should choose the subjects that you enjoy. That way you are more likely to work hard on them as you have a strong interest in the subjects.
Dont get too stressed about it, just go with what feels right for you.
JennaXXX
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby lilessexgal » Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:15 pm

like everyone else has said just choose a few you either enjoy or are good at. two of my options i chose in the end were ones i enjoyed but dont want to use anymore so it doesnt matter greatly what ones you choose they wont decide what your going to do when your older they just help you on your way.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Rock_Queen » Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:01 pm

Don't chose the subjects you think will 'be best' for you, i hate that kind of outlook. When i was at the end of year 9 i made my options, and i really don't regret them, because i chose the subjects that i enjoy, and it just so happens that all the subjects that i like i can put my own creative input into them! So i'm going to have a creative career (if it all works out).

I did try and take drama, but they suddenly decided they weren't going to teach that, ao i got put into a media studies class, but it still worked out :)

From now on, this is your life and you have some kind of say in it, don't listen to anyone else who says "this will be better" or "you'll get a well payed job if you do this" unless you do want a slightly better boring job!!
Rock_Queen
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby froo » Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:36 pm

well i'm 21 now, so it's a while ago, but i remember being worried about picking options too, especially with all the pressure and influence from mates and parents. my mum particularly wanted me to german cos she saw it as slightly more "academic", but that meant giving up drama, which i loved.

but she respected my choice and i did drama and came out with an A, which both me and my mum were very proud of. i doubt i could have got an A in german cos i didn't enjoy it as much, therefore wouldn't have put as much effort in.

so just going by what happened with me, i recommend you do what you enjoy.
froo
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby bellajennie » Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:33 pm

I know this sounds a bit silly, but if you're indecisive like me, you may end up with too many things you want to pick.

However, when you start your courses you forget about the ones you didn't pick because you don't miss them because its all new and exciting.

Does that make sense?

Just pick the ones on gut instinct. I'd rather have a C in Art and have enjoyed it than have an A in German if you are only doing it because someone thinks you're good and you hate it!

Jen x x x
The World is Your Oyster - If only you could get the damn thing open!
bellajennie
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby spacegirl » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:44 pm

the best thing you can do is choose the ones you enjoy most and are more likely to pass. what are they for, GCSE? A-Level? by the time it comes to University or work, the only grades they will look at are to make sure you have GCSE english and maths which you have to choose anyway!! other than that choose what you enjoy, you're more likely to get better grades that way. i chose arty subjects like art and drama that i enjoyed that my parents said would get me nowhere, now i've a degree in law and politics, after a stint at drama college!

do what makes you happy, you're more likely to succeed that way.
not if you were the last dandy on earth
spacegirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby morris mouse » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:17 pm

JennaXXX wrote:You should choose the subjects that you enjoy. That way you are more likely to work hard on them as you have a strong interest in the subjects.
Dont get too stressed about it, just go with what feels right for you.

I know that your "options" are important,so,I would go along with what "JennaXXX" has said !! :lol: :lol:

To do well it needs to be something that you enjoy

Just go with what you REALLY feel,and,all the best with it.
ImageImage
morris mouse
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby LME79 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:25 am

PLease note that this topic was written back in February and is likely to have been resolved now.
I want to be..a tree..
LME79

Return to School, College & University