Music

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Music

Postby GurlRock » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:42 pm

I have always had a real passion for music, so took it as a subject for GCSE.

I love trying new instruments and played bass for the first time and really got the hang of it! Everyone was telling me how well I was doing for beginner!

Then the next song came along and was hoping to play bass as I really enjoyed playing it! But Miss X wouldn't allow me as I don't have lessons in it. I wasn't happy, but accepted this. Instead she gave me a simple keyboard piece, even though I have played piano for 8 years!

Well, she still needed someone to fill in the bass part, so who does she give it too???? Someone who has no experience with bass or guitars, can't read music and is hardly ever in class!

This teacher is ruining my love for playing music! And gives me an ok excuse to not play bass, but not the boy!!!

I'm soo annoyed :evil:

She is only nice to certain people in the class and treats me and my best friend like freaks and insults our taste in music!

NOT HAPPY!!!!!
POWW
GurlRock
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Moose » Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:58 pm

Have you ever spoken to your teacher about this? I know it sounds obvious, but maybe she did what she did for a reason that you don't know about - maybe she gave the boy the bass part to play to encourage him to attend class more and give him something to work at.

If you spoke to her on your own, she might tell you why she didn't let you play bass, and it would give you an opportunity to tell her calmly how much you enjoy playing, and how disappointed you were that you couldn't play in this song. Bear in mind that you and this teacher already have something big in common - a love of music - and potentially, you could get on well. Try not to make her your enemy, because the better you get on with her, the more success you'll have in a subject that you love.
Moose
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby lilessexgal » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:16 pm

your teacher is completly wrong in what she says about you cant play the bass because you dont have lessons in it.

i did music for my GCSE and yes i took flute lessons at my old school a year and a half before that but i never once took a flute lesson at my new school and they didnt know i took flute lessons before and she let me play the flute.

i think you should have a talk with her and explain to her how you feel about it.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby spacegirl » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:04 pm

it's great to see someone so ambitious, who knows what she wants, so don't let your teacher ruin this for u!! speak to her and say that you feel you're much more qualified, and offer to actually show her. get a copy of the music and practice a bit before you go and show her what you can do. that way, she'll have no reason to refuse!
not if you were the last dandy on earth
spacegirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby GurlRock » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:16 pm

My friend confronted her today!

She used the reason that she had given this part to that boy, he hasn't to the past 3 lessons.........
POWW
GurlRock
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to School, College & University