Starting new school in September...

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Starting new school in September...

Postby Phoenix » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:49 pm

Hi, as the title suggests, I'm starting at a new school, beginning year 11, in september. I know no one who goes to this school - new area completely. I'm not splitting a vein over it, but I am moderately worried about.... What anyone and everyone would worry about when moving school: who will I meet, how will I do, will people like me, will I be popular, will I be bullied, will I have enough friends etc. Ok, so I know no one can answer any of these but if there's any general advice... I don't wanna get on the wrong side of anyone. My days of being judgemental are over - I just want to bumble through school life relatively peacefully and atleast be on alright terms with everyone. If there's any general advice...

Please let me know. Thanks, in advance.
Why do we fall? -So we can learn to pick ourselves up again. PM me anytime about anything.
Phoenix
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Kurly_K » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:40 am

Hey, i would say just try and be yourself, dont act like something your not. you can chose what you tell people about your past so you can start at your new school with a clean slate.
people normally love new people in their school as its something new, normally iv found people will make quite an effort to be your friend, just have to be careful you don't get led into a group that you don't want to be part.
maybe by joining a sports club or something in the school you cn make a good bunch of friends as well.
Good Luck!!!
xxx
Somebody loves you.
Somebody admires your strength.
Kurly_K
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby pink stripes » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:48 am

Hey!

I agree with Kurly K. Just try and be yourself. At my oold school when someone new joined our year everyoen was really nice!

Good luck, hope everything goes well :)

xXxXx
pink stripes
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby morris mouse » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:07 am

pink stripes wrote:Just try and be yourself.

"phoenix"

I agree with "pink stripes"
Just be yourself,as,people will respect you for this. 8)

You'll settle in quickly,make new friends,and, wonder why you were so worried about it in the first place :P :P

All the best with this!!! :D :D
ImageImage
morris mouse
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby chosenfew » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:49 pm

everyone seems to love it when there is someone starting new at a school and trys to be their mates. not everyone is going to like you obviously but im sure the ones that are worth speaking to will :D

good luck
chosenfew
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Starting a new school

Postby Redshift » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:02 pm

Great a clean slate to start with, no noeed to worry about going to a new school they are great new people new place to go and people to meet just be urself and you will make alot of new friend hopfully and don;t try and be somting your not!
The Girl I Love (Avatar)

Redshift
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bexical » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:37 pm

Hey this must be exciting as well. Think about this, its only for less than half a year, theres always people who are happy to be friends, you always get the mean ones you get htem everywhere. Good luck with this and dont worry about a thing althoguh its totally normal, this is your hardest year of school so you need to be focussed,
Bexical
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Jess1234 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:59 pm

Hey

I have just moved from a school in England to a school in India and have just started year 11 (school starts in July here instead of september) so I know exactly how you feel! I was absolutly dreading coming here to start with but I have been here for 2weeks now and everyone is really friendly and welcoming!! The school is alot different to my old school so its taking some time to get used to but i am sure you will settle in fine and make friends. Just be yourself and people will like you for it, dont try and be someone your not coz you could end up driving people away.
Good luck
Jess xxx
Jess1234
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby lilessexgal » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:51 am

i moved secondary schools when i was still there of course lol

and trust me its not bad at all. you just have to go there and be yourself.

this is how i thought about it.....i moved from a secondary school of 250 kids to one of about 1500 kids and i thought well at least ONE of them kids has to like me!

and i ended up meeting my best mate who i was inseperable with through year 11 and it was prob one of the best years of my life.

go there relax and have fun you will do fine.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to School, College & University