Private to Public School

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Private to Public School

Postby The Lost Soldier » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:33 am

A friend of mine is currently going to a school where you have to pay to go. I don't know the correct terms and I don't want to say posh, which it isn't really. But either way she is used to having about 14 people in a class and all that stuff.

She's looking at possibly moving to a normal school for her A levels in September i.e with a usual 30 people in certain classes, obviously it may be less in others as they are A levels but Subjects like Psychology will certainly contain full classes.

Has anybody been through this change. There is no garuntee that she may go to this school as she has a few other options open but it is a possiblilty and I think any personal experiences on the matter woule be extremly grateful. Just the change form a smaller pay to get in school to a bigger but of a good standard normal school.

Apologies for the words such as 'normal' I just don't know the correct terms

Cheers
TLS
The Lost Soldier
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Moose » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:06 pm

I moved from an all-girls' private school to a mixed college to do my A Levels. I'd been at the same school since I was 5, so it was a big change - well, I thought it would be. Actually, it was fine. The only difference really was that I didn't know as many people as some of the other students did, because there were only a few people from my old school there.

Loads of people from my old school told me I was making a mistake and I'd feel like a small fish in a big pond, but it wasn't the case. I won't say college was the best time of my life, because it wasn't, and I did prefer school, but college wasn't full of people who were totally different to me (as people said it would be). Everyone's there for the same thing, and there were other people there from other local private schools too - not that it really made any difference.

Your friend will be okay.
Moose
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby lilessexgal » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:48 pm

i moved from a private all girls school to a public school half way through my secondary school time.

i took time to adjust as i went from 8 in a class to about 30 and 250 in the school to about 2500 lol but in the end i met my best mate who i have now there.

so im sure she will do fine. its more or less just like someone moving from a public school to another public school except for the size of the school is bigger.

im sure she will do fine especially with mates like you.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to School, College & University