uni worries

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

uni worries

Postby apple » Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:06 pm

i didnt really enjoy the work at 6th form but me and my mates had such a laugh, and i know when i go to uni its not gonna be the same! im really close to some teachers too, and although they're staying in touch via email and text its not gonna be the same! i dont like change! i feel like now is the time i gotta grow up and i really dont feel like im ready.. does anyone else feel like this?
apple
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby ayeaiii » Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:39 pm

Hello Apple,

Change is always daunting, and university is a very big change, so it is totally understandable that you worry. But these are my true thoughts... Yes, as you say it shall be different to 6th form.. It will be even better!

You say you like about 6th form that it has been a good laugh with your friends? Well, at university, there is just limitless possibilities of people to meet, things to do and experiences to have! I have not been, but everyone I know who has speaks very positively of it! VERY positively! You say also you like that you developed a good relationship with your teachers? I hear at university, throught small group tuition and individual work, lecturers can get to know pupils well, and treat them as equals. So, if it is the freedom, social side, an relationship with teachers that you like of 6th form, you are going to LOVE university!

Sorry, I do not wish at all to sound dismissive of your problem. I just to reassure you that it will be fine. You will be fine! I am sure of it! Change is always scary, but once you are used to it, I think you will be absolutely fine!

Also you say it scare you that it feels that now you must be an adult. A scary thought I am sure! But I don't think you must all of a sudden become a grown up. University is a great transitional phase- most people leave home for the first time, and, all together, explore adult life and develope independance. It is a gradual thing, and there will be musch support, as as I say, everyone will, too, be in that position. There is much support if you feel out of your depth.

I hope this offers to you some reassuance. When do you start? I hope all goes well- I am sure it shall!!

xxxx
¸.·`¯`·.¸¸.·`¯`· ¸.·`¯`·.¸¸.·`¯`·
Truth, Beauty, Freedom and Love
ayeaiii
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby apple » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:43 pm

hey thanks for the reply, i started on monday, so i guess its gonna take a bit of getting used too!
apple
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby ayeaiii » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:07 pm

OK.. Let us know how it goes.. hope all is very enjoyable for you :wink:
xxx
Truth, Beauty, Freedom and Love
ayeaiii
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby crazy_in_love » Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:13 pm

yes i totally agree with ayeaii you will love uni! It is a chance for you to meet people from places youd never thought of going too. Yes it will be hard, but remember these people are all in the same boat as you.

Go with an open mind, enjoy yourself, and learn from any experiences that you have. Uni only happens once, treasure it.
crazy_in_love
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to School, College & University