Hard Times

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Hard Times

Postby Xizor16 » Wed Mar 26, 2003 9:41 pm

Well where do I start.

I'm kinda new to this and don't usually look to others for advice because I'm always the one to try and solve these problems myself, but unfortunatley this one seems to be getting the better of me. I've noticed that most of you have jobs or are at Uni, well I'm at college for the moment. I finished my GCSE's and got a job at Mcdonalds(try not to laugh). I met this girl there who was my admin officer. We became very close friends and I was very happy. Then work organised a christmas party and it was amazing, I even made her a CD of someone she liked and got her a big christmas present. I'm liked by everybody at college, I mean you know I get on with everyone, but I never had any close friends there, my two closest friends have gone away now, one I'm still in contact with however he left the country to go and live in Nigeria and I only see him at major holidays.

Anyway going back to it the christmas party was great. the next day I was on the biggest natural high possible. Then I found out that she had been with this guy I knew, because she got too drunk. Anyway I began to hate him, kinda still do. But I realised that I liked her, and because I have a low self esteem and think Im pretty ugly I didn't tell her, yet she....guessed. And we became really distant, I was so upset. We'd had more knocks on our friendship, I told her I knew that she liked me but I wanted to be friends. Next time we saw each other we hardly spoke or even looked at each other (Sorry If Im going on) anyway so I said that "I'll stay out of your way from now on then, nice knowing you". Anyway she said there was nothing wrong and we got everything sorted or so I thought we still had that "tention" between us that feeling of awkwardness. Valentines Day came I wrote her a 4 page letter telling her how I had felt about everything and that I just wanted to be friends.
She told me it was cute and we got on with it. Now we seem to be getting distant and then getting slowly back to being better friends. The problem is that this has happened three times with three previous girlfriends(friends who are girls) and now I'm worried that it will be like this all the time

Thanks for listening [/quote]
Xizor16
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Enigma » Thu Mar 27, 2003 1:50 am

I used to work at McDonalds - in Manchester!

Working for McDonalds is nothing to feel ashamed about. I have respect for people that put up with working there, and other places like it.

Into Star Wars Xizor16?
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Xizor16 » Thu Mar 27, 2003 8:29 am

Used to be, couldn't think of anything elsetocall myself. But its not the fact that I work at mcdonalds thats the problem. Its the fact Im now worried about my friendship with a very close friend, and that this has happened before with 3 others and I dont like having to go through it every time
Xizor16
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Enigma » Thu Mar 27, 2003 7:37 pm

Oh I know that Xizor16 - I just didn't have anything useful to post for you in the middle of the night!

A few bad experiences, whether it be with relationships or anything, will make you feel paranoid about experiences in the future. Think that what you have experienced is only a small sample of the possibilities, and therefore not a true reflection of what could be.

Although there's been some problems with girlfriends in the past, it does not mean that every future encounter will be troublesome.

In regards to the friendship, it has been put at risk because that's something that can happen when you start wanting more than friendship. The best advice is to work at it, if its important to you - work at it.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Return to Cheer me up!