I failed my theory test

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Postby captainf » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:23 pm

Good luck mate. If I end up not making a pilot I was thinking of going into coach driving or something of that nature.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby LME79 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:26 am

I haven't had my second attempt yet, I can only do Saturdays as I have no holiday left at work and nowhere has any spaces :cry:
I want to be..a tree..
LME79

Postby captainf » Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:34 pm

Won't your work allow you two hours to go and do the test?
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby LME79 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:51 pm

captain_flynn wrote:Won't your work allow you two hours to go and do the test?

I work in the City so it'll be more like a half day. The company I work for definitely won't allow that, definitely definitely not.
I want to be..a tree..
LME79

Postby captainf » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:17 pm

Ah, unlucky then.

Good luck for when you do it.
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby peecee » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:27 pm

captain_flynn wrote:Ah, unlucky then.

Good luck for when you do it.

Agreed, captain_flynn! (I know what it's like to be up to the eyeballs in work... :-? LME, it's just one more hurdle we have to get over, or shoot them...)

And GOOD LUCK for when you do YOUR test, me boy!!!! Look, you WILL pass - if anything goes wrong, I'll go round to your examiner's house and - ahem - reason with him... :oops: :P . Ok?

(C_F - I'm flying next May, ok? I'm NOT getting a coach next May! get my drift??? :P )

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby chat noir » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:06 pm

I failed my theory twice too, once on the questions and once on hazard perception. just keep on trying. amazingly I managed to pass the practical first time - with 13 minors hahaha!
chat noir
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby captainf » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:17 pm

I failed my driving test on Wednesday morning. I knew I had though before I got back to the test centre. So in the end I just chatted to my examiner as he was an ex RAF aircraft engineer. We got on great, too bad he couldn't pass me on my test..lol
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Liquidius » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:27 am

Oh dear...

Well, not many people pass on their first time! As long as you know what you did wrong, and where you can try again :)
Liquidius
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby captainf » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:42 pm

Yeah, i'm fine about it. I'm not too worried because 1) I knew I had failed, so I obviously know where I went wrong 2) I now know what the experience is like and will feel better next time.

I've only got to wait until January 2nd. So not too long.
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby will1066 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:00 am

how did you do then? :)
will1066
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby captainf » Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:26 am

If you're asking me, I passed :)
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby will1066 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:37 am

yeah i was, nice one :D =D>

its not as hard as people say is it? just gotta be calm and pay plenty of attention :)
will1066
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby captainf » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:05 pm

Just be cool and calm. Do what you've been taught to do and it should go smoothly. The most important thing is to be calm.
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby crazy_in_love » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:45 pm

once again congratulations captain, on passing your driving test!! I agree it is all about being calm and not letting your nerves get the better of you!! They are trying to make it harder and harder to pass these things and the government are once again looking at ways to make the driving tests harder. They are thinking of introducing a system that is used in sweden where you have to have 50 hours worth of lessons before you can book your test, which i think is ridiculous becaus ei only had 30. Also I think it is a way for them to make more money. Anyway rant over!! well done and good luck to all learner drivers!
crazy_in_love
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

PreviousNext

Return to Cheer me up!