:( can anyone help?

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

:( can anyone help?

Postby X-Mystery-X » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:01 pm

I am feeling quite low at the mo, i will tell you why because i have nobody else to turn to, and i just want to write this down instead of fall down and cry as usaul.
Well my mum and dad split up when i was younger, and since then my dad has been living on his own, just yesterday i foundt out people had been throwing glass bottles at my dads house, it looks like they were aiming for the windows, and its really upset me because he is on his own, he cant eford everything on his own, and i dont want anything to happen to him. I also dont want him to be upset, which he usaul is.
It really hurts me though, i want him happy, but hes not, and because of that im not happy because i see him at weekends and he never smiles like he use to. :(
i know there is nothing i, or anyone else can do to help especially with the teenagers that throw things at my dads house (since the police dont care) so im stuck. i cant do anything apart from be sad for him.
can anyone cheer me up?
if no one can it doesnt matter, because it helps writing it down instead of keeping it locked inside.
X-Mystery-X
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Domus Clamantium » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:30 pm

It sounds like your Dads suffereing from isolation or loneliness - how long ago was it that your parents split?

The only thing you can really do is make sure he knows your there for him - maybe you could pop round a few nights a week to keep him company? Or even better, take him out to the pub, the football, cineam, etc and get him meeting people - what interets and hobbies did he have before he got married? If you dont know, i'm sure you Mum will be able to tell you.

Unfortunately theres not a lot you can abouts the kids throwing things at his house - other than keep contacting the police - however, the problems might go away if he's suddenly seem to be more active (most kids only pick on people coz they're easy targets) - have you tried contacting the council, or CAB?

There are usually lots of groups around for single people to get involved in, especially for those who are divorced, and your local council website will probably have details, however its ultimately down to your Dad.
Never Look Back
Domus Clamantium
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby chosenfew » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:09 pm

hi X-Mystery-X

cant you dad talk to any kind of housing place that can get him move? for example the council or that? doesnt he have any other family he could mave in to?? he sounds like he lives in a bad area so if he is feeling down with life having these kids throwing bottles at his windows is gonna make things 100 times worse. he needs to get away.
chosenfew
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Liquidius » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:37 pm

I think you should definitely try and find the time to visit him, just to make sure he's not on his own.

There are usually lots of groups around for single people to get involved in, especially for those who are divorced, and your local council website will probably have details, however its ultimately down to your Dad...

I agree.
Liquidius
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby will1066 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:19 am

if you have names for the rowdy teens i could have a crew of my mates to sort them out for your dad?
i might not be good with the ladies but we can certainly give them a good seeing to! [-X

as for your dad i can understand you been upset, just reading this makes me think of my dad, he had a hard childhood which upsets me thinking about it as he doesnt talk about it but having your dad suffering now is quite bad, as mentioned on here there are ways out of it, i cant help feeling upset for both you and your dad as nobody deserves any of that to happen, i hope you sort things out. let me know what happens :)
will1066
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby brfc » Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:59 am

there is normally a police community support officer for your area. deals with yobs etc the one round here has a mobile no too contact him direct if you get problems. try looking in the libarary for info.
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Den » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:50 pm

Hello my dear

You feel down because you have negative thoughts all the time. Whatever you think you feel. If you have negative thoughts these thoughts are transmitted as an negative energy and you only attract that negative energy back. Just try for one day to think good thoughts. Think about the things that make you happy and think about them constantly whatever situation you are in. Think about how these positive thoughts will make you feel and feel it. Think about what you want from life not about things that you don't want. Try it, start now and I would be interested to see what happens.
xx
Den
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby sammie17 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:56 pm

to be honest i think you should see if there is a way that you could meet up with you day a couple of days in the week and just go out for a walk or something so that you get to see your dad a bit more because i think that he mite be unhappy because he doesn't get to see you as much as he would like to or maybe try to do thing a different way like live with your mum for 1 or 2weeks and go to your dads at the weekend and then change over sped 1 or 2 weeks living with your dad and then go back to your mum at the weekend and stay there and then go back to your dads do u see wot i mean if not y don't you write to him because i mean everyone loves a good letter but u don't have to take my advice its just an idea
sammie17
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Cheer me up!