Argh

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Argh

Postby sparkly_star » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:58 pm

I just feel so rubbish :( My b/f doesn't seem to listen to me when I'm talking anymore... he's always doing something when we talk... and I dunno... I just feel like hes gone off me :(

Going outside is so hard for me still... and this "exposure" work is so tiring. I can go to a local shop (very near) and buy stuff by myself now but I still feel so bored, trapped, stuck :(

My dad's having an operation on his eyes on december 4th which I'm worried about... although the way my mum talks you'd think she was the only person having to deal with it :roll:

Just argh :( :cry:
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.
sparkly_star
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby kacie » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:26 pm

Last edited by kacie on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kacie
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby captainf » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:47 pm

I would suggest talking to your boyfriend and getting him to understand how you feel. You guys have been together for about a year now, so thats something to be proud of and build on. :)

Sorry to hear about your dad but im sure he'll be okay. Your mum is just concerned and alot of people tend to 'over react' as a way of dealing with it (my nan is much the same) You just have to try and grin and bare it.

Walking to the shop is a good achievement. Maybe you could start to push yourself to go abit further each time? Maybe just an extra street or something, or even a few doors down.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Moose » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:09 pm

You're too close to the situation to see how far you've come. I remember a few months ago that you were posting asking for hobbies and stuff you could do because you couldn't leave the house - and now you're leaving the house and buying stuff for yourself, which is a massive achievement.

Did you ever take any of us up on some of the ideas we posted? If not, maybe you could go back to that thread and take something up to relieve the boredom.

As for your boyfriend - does he come round to yours a lot or do you tend to speak on the phone or online? Speaking to him about how you feel face to face would be best because then you'll know you've got his full attention and you can say what you need to say.

Good luck.
Moose
Taken Root
Taken Root

Return to Cheer me up!