He's got cancer :'(

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Postby PurePurple » Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:32 pm

He didnt give me the call lol..

And he has to stay in hospital for a few days - he isnt coming home..
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Liquidius » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:58 am

You wanna see the scar these ops leave though! Cracking open your ribcage is not an easy feat! I hope he's ok though.

The fact he was ever given the option to come home, or even talk to you afterward in the first place is simply unbelievable.
Liquidius
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby peecee » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:25 am

Purple, I hope you soon find out what's really going on.

Everybody here is concerned for you, please let us know how this turns out.

btw, following Liquidius' post, want to know a bit about open heart surgery? I had it when I was a kid. I remember coming round eventually, but my eyes refused to stay open for more than a few seconds, never mind making phone calls! It took me a day and a night to wake up properly. and I was in intensive care for that time. I came home after a fortnight, and had to have antibiotic injections, and regular check-ups for years afterwards . Of course, I've got a lovely big scar down my front to remind me.

Let us know if this is indeed what has happened to your boyfriend, ok?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby PurePurple » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:03 pm

He was on the laptop for a bit I think, but he kept blacking out every minute or so :o

I think hes on some pills or something.. I dunno lol
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Pwif » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:06 pm

It sounds like your bf is responding well to his treatment. Very glad about that. Do you know what treatment he's had and when he's due to come home? You're offering him so much support. Well done. xx
Live life to the full
Pwif
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Liquidius » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:57 pm

Sorry to be the tyrant yet again, Purple. But they don't allow laptops in hospitals for you to go online. If he kept blacking out, he wouldn't be allowed out of hospital.
Liquidius
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby peecee » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:06 pm

Are you going to visit him this week, Purple? So you can see for yourself how he is?
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bexical » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:45 pm

Yet again i have to agree with liquidius after major heart surgery they are more interested in getting you better than letting you play on a laptop!
Bexical
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby all_apologies » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:42 pm

xxPurplexx, I'm worried that either you're being made a fool of, or you're perhaps not getting your facts right. Have you read over the responses in this thread? All of the stages your boyfriend has been through, from diagnosis to major surgery to being on the mend within a few days is virtually unheard of. Have you been in contact with your boyfriend's family to find out more?
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby brfc » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:20 am

have you contacted his parents or reletives too actually find out whats going on with him. in and out of major heart surgery in days sounds bit far fetched too me plus hospitals these days have computers by the bed too e-mail you dont need lap top :o
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Bexical » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:27 pm

I would have thought that by now purple you might have contacted relatives after all thats been said especially by someone who as had open heart surgery. we are all looking out for you on here and are worried you are being taken for a fool.
Bexical
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby gatekeeper » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:25 am

Like the others have said, he needs to be intensive care after such a major surgery. I don't think laptops are allowed in intensive care, I mean they could interfere with medical equipments just like mobile phones right?

You should really contact his mum, go to the hospital so that you can get your facts right.
Late at night when all the world is sleeping
I stay up and think of you and I wish on a star that somewhere you are thinking of me too...
So I wait for the day and the courage to say how much I love you
gatekeeper
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby angelic neko » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:12 pm

The others are right unforuntaly. It doesn't seem to make sense. I'm in and out of hospital lately and they have all these signs saying I can't use my phone. Some I'm guessing the same is for laptops and gameboys and other handhold electrionics.

Maybe you should go to see him. I know if my bf had cancer I would be there with him as much as I could making sure I was ok as well as him.
angelic neko
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Pwif » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:35 pm

Hi Purple,

People here have been rightly concerned about you and your bf.

He's either had a major operation and is still in hospital. (You'll have visited him or got an update from his mother by now).

or:

He's been telling you porkies.

Can you give us an update, please.
Live life to the full
Pwif
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby kitten » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:12 pm

I had to wait over a year for a simple operation and ended up in hospital for two weeks and this was just for a tonsilectomy.

I hope he isn't pulling your leg, but like the others have said it is worth contacting his relatives to find out what is happening. I couldn't make calls or anything the hospital kept my family informed. Although part of this was because of the op so I couldn't actually speak!
kitten
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

PreviousNext

Return to Cheer me up!