Growing up: change can be good right??

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Growing up: change can be good right??

Postby Anjelica » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:46 pm

Im 22 and im currently leaving my permanent full time job, for a better higher paid job, im leaving my friends there and although i am often treated quite mean by certain colleagues there are some aspects of the job i will miss. i guess the comfort zone thing really. job security and knowing wat im doing. :roll: unfortunately on handing in my notice to my manager who had been a great manager, she suddenly became very cold........ said id left her in the jelly and i should have told her i was looking for another job?! thats not politically correct tho is it. Now ive been left quite upset by my last days at work ... and am scared about my new job and if in fact i will like it. i want to do well and want a career but i guess i dnt like change very much. I mean i know i have to get on in life and to do welll.. I just wish it hadnt made me feel so bad ya know. I was a great employee and its just made the last 2 years feel dreadful. Do u think its good riddance?? any comments appreciated thanx :(
Anjelica
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby chat noir » Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:30 pm

that wasnt very professional of her was it...she cant expect people to work for her forever. did you mention that you were going to leave before you handed your notice in? if you didnt maybe she got a bit annoyed that she only has a month or however much notice you have to give to find someone to fill your slot. still I dont think you have to give more notice as long as you work your notice, do you?
chat noir
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby LME79 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:11 pm

Like chat noir said, that was completely unprofessional. I have never told employers that when I have been looking for new jobs - I have just given them enough notice when I got a new job. She really should not have said that - she might miss you as the work you would have done will now have to passed on but she should not have said that you have left her in the lurch.

All you have done is further yourself - you sound like a determined and career minded young person (very much like myself in fact) so good luck to you I say! The world of employment can be very harsh and very cut throat at times so you should be excited that you have been able to get further up the career ladder; don't let your former manager dampen your spirits.

Well done again.

xxx
I want to be..a tree..
LME79

Postby dark_talon » Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:12 pm

You are not obliged in ANY way to give more notice than that stated in your contract. Your boss is being unprofessional and petty. Ignore it and look towards your new job - you clearly chose to apply for it for a reason. Don't let silly comments from your EX boss bother you, she has nothing to do with your new job and what goes on there.
Image Image
dark_talon
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Anjelica » Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:21 pm

Thanx guys for your replies, i really needed someone with a different unbiased out look. Im just gonna get through my notice period and look forward to my new job. Its a fresh start for me. And Ill keep you all posted xx :D
Anjelica
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby chat noir » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:43 pm

I dont think employers are actually allowed to give you a bad reference so Im sure everything will be fine.
chat noir
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Cheer me up!