A little (or not) ramble......

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

A little (or not) ramble......

Postby xgemma86x » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:26 pm

Aint had a ramble on here in ages so I hope no1 minds :-? Just had a few things running through my mind and needed to get it off my chest.....

First of all I wanted to say that after the past few months of been physically and mentally abused by my boyfriend,I finally found the strength to walk away and say "Enough is enough". It happened a week ago when we were having an arguement because he wouldnt get out of bed when I had to go up home due to a text from my bro saying something was urgent (he said he would come with me). I walked off because I was worried of why I was needed at home,he got stressed and threw a glass ashtray at the wall which would have hit me if I hadnt got out of the door when I did.....instead it smashed against the wall :| I almost ended up with glass in my back so I thought there and then 'no way am i putting up with this anymore',walked away and I havent been back since. I feel so much happier.

Secondly another reason why I decided I no longer wanted to stay with my ex was because I realised I had feelings for some other lad im mates with. Nothing happened between us whilst I was in a relationship because I am NOT the type to cheat even though I know the other lad feels the same way :) Now im single I am able to do what I like but I do not feel ready to get into another relationship just yet incase I was on the rebound and hurt other people. Although there are problems concerning this becausemy dad has very strong racist issues.....and this guy is black :-? Hes everything I want in a person.....has a good job (ICT teacher),good looking,great personality etc. My dad wont even give him a chance and last night he said to me "Fall in love with a black man and lose a dad". I hate him sometimes!!!

Thirdly I posted a topic in another section not long back about my mum not taking her tablets for her appetite. She is ill with Hepatitis C and had to go to the hospital the other week to talk about the treatment. If she was to accept the treatment then the side effects are so bad that she may well end up like a cancer patient on chemo :( If she werent to take it then in a few years her liver will end up failing and a transplant would be needed....she had til the new year to decide what she wanted to do. Today she had to phone the hospital up to arrange an eye appointment which is all part of the procedure and unknown to me she had made her decision. I am pleased to say she has decided to take it and it will start 26th January 2007 and although theres only a 60% chance of her been cured,I am happy.

Sorry for the essay :o Feel alot better now tho.
xgemma86x
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dark_talon » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:54 pm

First of all good for you for breaking away from an abusive relationship! =D> You definitely did the right thing and should not look back on your decision - which I'm sure you don't any way!

Regarding your dad, now that is a tricky one. Perhaps try talking to another family member who doesn't share views? And see if they can help you approach him on the matter. Obviously it is early days with this other guy - and it probably is wise to have a bit of time to yourself before you get into anything - but if things do get serious your dad will have to realise he cannot make his own daughter choose! Would he really want to lose you over him not accepting your choice in boyfriend? If he cares about you in any way the reality of losing you will hit him, it might just take time.

And it does sound like your mum made the right decision - at least she is taking some action now. It may be difficult with the treatment but I am sure if you all pull together things will be easier - which is even more of a reason for your dad to take a check on his views and the effect they could have.

xxx
Image Image
dark_talon
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby brfc » Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:36 pm

hope things are working out for you gemma. take care brfc
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby xgemma86x » Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:07 pm

Thankyou to the both of you for replying [sorry it took me so long].....

Firstly I know I did the right thing by leaving my ex as he was dragging me down so much but I was talking to him last night and he already has a new girlfriend. I mean correct me if am wrong but if you love someone so much and was with them for that amount of time [just under 18 months] then surely you wouldnt move on so quick?!? He is even moving to the village where she lives so he can be nearer to her......makes me wonder if he cheated on me with her as he never wanted to see me during the last week of us been together,like he always made excuses. I dont wanna be with him anymore but I still feel as though im owed answers. I went to see him this morning and to collect a few things of mine from his and he was been nice to me and asking me for hugs and kissing me on the forehead..... :x

As for the lad I like......well apparently hes a bit of a player. A few things came out about him the other weekend from a girl he doesnt deny sleeping with. Basically she was moaning because apparently he'd said the same thing to her and this other girl he'd slept with amongst a few others. Everyone expected me to be angry at him but I waited til he came on messenger and asked him about it......he told me he'd done stuff with them both and that he wasnt denying it. I thought I needed to hear his side of the story before making any judgements on the situation and we had a good chat. He thought I was angry at him which fair enough I did feel a bit annoyed but I listened anyway and I said to him that I could easily walk away but I didnt want to. He didnt want me to either as ive always promised him id be there for him and he said he still wants to see me even if it is as friends :) He told me to ask Jo (1 of his girl mates) what he'd said about me so I did and apparently hes said alot of nice things so all is good. As for my dad......if he cant accept my life choices then he isnt much of a dad. He'd come back to me eventually when he sees what hes missing.

I know my mum made the right choice about her treatment and I honestly hope everything works out for her. It will be hard seeing her in such a state but I have to be strong for her :) Will keep you lot updated on it so thanks for all your support :) xx
xgemma86x
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby xgemma86x » Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:15 pm

Spent the afternoon with the lad I like the other day,he took me for a drink :) Things went further then just flirting [we had a few cuddles & kisses] and now things just seem weird. We're gonna meet up again after Christmas because hes off to Birmingham tomorrow to spend it with Family. Things are looking good :)
xgemma86x
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby xgemma86x » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:47 pm

I didnt want to start another thread so I thought id post in here as I dont half get myself into some sticky situations. . . . .

Against my dads wishes,things have progressed between me and the lad I like.It hasn't gone too far [by that i mean we have had 'sex'] but its gone far enough for my dad to never wanna speak to me again if he found out. I am friends with this girl who happens to be sleeping with the lad I likes good friend :| I was talking to her the other day as they were having a few minor problems and she said he'd made it clear at the beginning that a relationship could NEVER happen between the 2 of them. She also told me that she'd developed really strong feelings for him and that she wanted more even tho she knew things could never happen between them. Thing is ive also started to like him too and me,him and her were all in a group MSN conversation last night and he was really annoyed with her because of something that had happened earlier that night. . . . we were talking and he said to me "Nah ur fit,id kiss you" and I replied back to him [cant remember what i said] and he said "where n when". Now im unsure whether he was been serious or not [i highly doubt it] and im not the kind to do that to my mate or to the lad I like :o Its just I cant help liking him,I think about him alot and its pretty hard not to seeing as my friend goes on about him ALOT [which i dont mind,shes a good friend] :x :x :x
xgemma86x
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Cheer me up!