Need cheering up! :(

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Need cheering up! :(

Postby crumpetsandtea » Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:51 pm

Split up with my boyfriend and its really getting to me. He seems to be coping a million times better than me and as much as I'm trying to put on a brave face with it all i'm finding it really hard.
I'm at uni, we split up over the phone and i've not seen him for over a month and i think this is making it harder. We're meant to be meeting up over christmas but he's really busy and i can just see it not happening. I've not told any of my friends how much its upsetting me, I've just tried to make out i'm fine about it but i'm not and I just want to forget about it all now and move on. :(
Don't know how to get over him at all its rubbish feeling like this all the time!!
crumpetsandtea
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby brfc » Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:19 pm

im really sorry too hear about your b/f. its hard breaking up and even more so near xmas. itll take time. i was like you my ex just bounced back. i was down for quite a while. in time things will pick up. try focusing on the fun things too do. keep your mind off it for a while. pm me if you fancy a chat take care brfc
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Hurting angel » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:33 pm

sorry to hear about this hun. If i were you i would put off plans of meeting up with your ex until you have fully moved on from him. If you see him when not over him it will only upset you more and bring back what you felt for him. You simply have to get out there have fun and try to move forward. dont look to the past as u cant change it now. whats done is done. Go to some christmas parties open pressies and just enjoy the holiday season with your family and friends around you and forget this ex. Goodluck u wil be ok in the end.xxx
It always rains hardest on the people who deserve the sun.
Note to self, I miss you terribly.
Hurting angel
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby lauraloo22 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:11 pm

hiya babe, am so sorry for you and am in exactly the same boat...me and my b/f split 3 weeks and am secretly dreading xmas, even though i know its for the best i am just so scared of starting again and at 32 yrs old i just dont think i can face the dating game yet again!!
but in saying that xmas is a time for lots of friends and get togethers and parties so go out as much as you can and be kind to yourself, if you want to have a big cry go ahead and do it, its a greiving process after all. i really really wouldnt recommed seeing him again, it will only make it worse for yourself and prolongs the agony....let him see that you are getting on with it and bouncing back and be strong.....there is no greater torcher for your ex to see that you are doing so great without him, believe me!!
good luck to you, i am getting my diary out and planning every night i can over xmas and taking one day at a time....and if i feel like sitting under my duvet watching rubbish tele then i will....if it makes me happy!!! xxx
lauraloo22
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby captainf » Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:36 pm

Hey

Moving on is a process that takes time. Don't expect miracles overnight. :) Me and my ex g/f had a relationship over long distance, and coincidently she lives in Nottingham, we broke up in February and I felt that she was coping so much better than I was (infact, she did cope alot better than I did) and even now I find myself occasionally thinking about her and wishing things were different. It's just one of those things that happen. Time is a great healer though and over the weeks/months, you won't feel half as bad as you do now.

However, it's also important to talk about things aswell. Friends are really good for that, especially the ones you are closest to. I'm sure that they will understand if you are upset and down. Talk to them, they will be of great support to you.

Also, if you do get to talk to him over xmas, it could be a good thing. It will give you the chance to have closure on the actual relationship. However, if he cannot meet up, do not be too downhearted. You could use it as an incentive to move on from him and think about how selfish and disrespectful he had been in not putting aside time to see you.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Return to Cheer me up!