Self harm

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Self harm

Postby loopylolz123 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:15 am

Well i worte in about wanting 2 commit suicide a while ago nd i have now decided against it
but now i self harm,i really h8 doin it but its a way 2 let out my stress without killing/hurting ne of my family or friends
i have onli just finished carving the words SORRY! into my arm which im gunna show my ex nd hope he gets the message that im well sorry 4 everything
i wanna stop self harming nd get my life bck on track but im finding it realli hard,
its addicting nd it helps me calm down as i have a short temper and get angry very quickly nd i dnt care who i take it out on
can ne1 give me some advise plz i need 2 stop but i dnt know how!
Tnx
Laura
xxx
loopylolz123
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Liquidius » Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:20 am

I have onli just finished carving the words SORRY! into my arm which im gunna show my ex nd hope he gets the message that im well sorry 4 everything

He sounds like a bit of an idiot to me. He's hardly worth carving anything into your arm. More to the point, nothing is worth carving into your arm for. Showing him this is just going to make the situation worse, and I'd advise against it. What do you hope to gaint from it? Him feeling bad? It won't work. Trust me.

I used to self harm too. I found things that helped me were generally keeping anything sharp away from me. One of the most helpful alternatives I found was punching soft things, and letting all my rage, upset and anger out on pillows.
Liquidius
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby loopylolz123 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:26 am

He is worth it tho i really love him i dnt want him 2 feel bad i just wnt him 2 know how i feel about us breakin up nd hopefully this will drum it into his head

i have tryed hitting pilliows nd even doors nd walls but nothing really helps
loopylolz123
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby retrochav » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:23 pm

If he showed you "sorry" carved into his arm, would it make you understand? - or would it make you feel guilty and worried about how far wrong things have become.

I get the feeling you are doing this in hope he will understand your pain/take you back. I honestly dont think he will, I'm sorry to say that. I assume you tried telling him in other ways and it didnt work, so extreme ways are going to be just as out of his reach.

Even if he did take you back - would you want a relationship based on guilt? Accept that for whatever reasons, things went wrong and he knows you are sorry.

As for self harming, well i imagine you are doing this to distract you from the emotional torture you are going through. Cutting yourself isnt giving the lasting solution you need, and suicide will never give life the chance to show you how things can change.

The best advice i can give you is to talk about it. Talk to us; talk to the sammaritans (24/7 helpline), and talk with your GP. This is all too much for you to cope with alone.
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
retrochav
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

why?

Postby avani » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:34 pm

you need to look at the actual reason WHY you are doing it. i used to and i know why. for attention. you have got into a pattern of being depressed, suicidal and it seems it could be your way of getting attention and i dont mean that in a bad way at all because i used to do it. you need to get yourself out of these patterns of thinking.
avani
Just Landed
Just Landed

ice

Postby lil_miss_no_hope » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:26 am

i know it sounds strange but dont laugh
u must have ice some where i surgest gripping it in ur hand and hoing it tightly till it hurts that way its self harm with out actually hurting urself it helped me stop cutting i hope it helps u to :)
xchloex
lil_miss_no_hope
Just Landed
Just Landed

spelling

Postby lil_miss_no_hope » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:27 am

holding i mean sorry
lil_miss_no_hope
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Betteroffonmyown » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:37 pm

Hmm, I S.H myself, but you are, I think, a little more extreme than I.

Do you not think he will be freaked out if you show him? I keep it a secret myself.

You should probably go to a GP or something, much as you would really hate to do, I'm sure, but help is help, and afterwards, you will be glad you did.

Just, if you are going to harm, like, pinch yourself really hard where it won't bruise, and think about happy things. Don't cut.

Remember, It will all pass over eventually.

I have to end there, my jeans have blood on them. :roll:
Betteroffonmyown
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: Self harm

Postby jampot » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:32 pm

loopylolz123 wrote:but now i self harm,i really h8 doin it but its a way 2 let out my stress without killing/hurting ne of my family or friends
xxx

it is hurting your family and friends, you need help! try talking to someone close, it might embarass you but if you need to talk then your true friends and family will listen. :)
That's Me!
jampot
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby jampot » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:33 pm

Betteroffonmyown wrote:I have to end there, my jeans have blood on them. :roll:

is that because you cut yourself?
That's Me!
jampot
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:31 pm

Write all your thoughts down then tear the paper to shreads?

Maybe take up painting, when you get the need just throw the paint on the paper?

Take up a martial art? I found that a brilliant way to let things out

x
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby jules<3 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:08 pm

hey all i can say is i know how your feeling i self-harmed for about a year most nights it was a horrible way to life i hated myself for doing it but when it's set in your mind that it's what your going to do thats it your focused.
in the end i got to bad with it and had to find a way of stopping and i now have a punchbag and it is an amazing way of relieving all stress angry and even sadness i havent self harmed in 8 months thanks to punching it out rather than cutting it out

i hope i have given you an idea on how to stop

jules x
WAKEY WAKEY!! - potential break up song - irrelavent - mandyless - M&M cru
jules<3
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Cheer me up!