Is it just me...

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Is it just me...

Postby Liquidius » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:33 pm

....or does it seem everyone's in a relationship these days?

BAH!

It's not getting me down because I'm not in one, it's getting me down because all my friends are. They all seem to want to spend lots and lots of time with their partners, and well, I'm sat here online planning an evening with a bottle of wine, and a book! It's frustrating! They all love to tell me about it though, obviously because they'd like my support, and want me to be happy for them - which I do outwardly try to be, but inside I feel like I'm being left behind....and I'm only 19!

It's just really bugging me with new years coming up, where all sorts of plans were made, but now most people seem to have become magically coupled up (spirit of xmas perhaps?). They've all decided upon something along the lines of a romantic meal, or a "quiet evening in". I just feel a bit like second best; the moment a nice man comes along, nevermind one of your best friends, he is much more important. I know I sound jealous, and I am I reckon, but still, I don't think it's completely unjustified. And I feel a bit rubbish at the moment. To top it all off, our family dog, at the grand old age of 16, was put down too.

Rant over.
Liquidius
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby captainf » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:56 pm

Hey

I've felt very much like you for quite some time really. Everyone has someone and they keep on about it and always end up saying 'you will find someone too, you deserve it' When you know fair well they are saying it with optimism because they have someone right now. I'm sure they mean well, but it's as if they drift off in to a dream world, sometimes, just because they have someone. Although taking nothing away from them though, I am happy people have found love, but just like you, I can't help but feel so left out and lonely.

I don't really have any real advice for you because as I said, i'm very much like you in this respect. However, what I will say is that you are a very nice young woman and you will definitely find a nice guy in the future.

Also, i'm really sorry about your dog. That must have been really hard going. :(
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby gatekeeper » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:59 pm

I feel it too, I just witnessed a friend getting a bf for the sake of having one. I'm not in a relationship myself, what's the point of having one just to fit in? I know a lot who're still happily single.
Late at night when all the world is sleeping
I stay up and think of you and I wish on a star that somewhere you are thinking of me too...
So I wait for the day and the courage to say how much I love you
gatekeeper
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to Cheer me up!