Ouch. :(

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Ouch. :(

Postby katie86 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:29 pm

I don't even know why but I went on my ex's facebook page out of curiousity as he recently added me. Thought I was over it, but i've just read all these messages from his friend saying that he was going to put in a good word for him with this girl, and said 'i've told told her you've got a thing for her' and then he's saying things joking around like ' oh it could be true love!'
I knew I was going to see something I didn't want to see! Nice that he's moved on already!
I need cheering up now :( I think I am going to have to remove him from my friends or i'm going to get wound up!
katie86
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby captainf » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:38 pm

I doubt he is over you. Its probably a rebound thing. Eventually he will move on from you but I doubt it will be with this particular new girl.

Maybe it would be best if you don't read his messages. I know thats hard because when my ex left me I found it hard not to read her messages but eventually it becomes easier and then you don't do it anymore.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby katie86 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:06 pm

I was home for the weekend and I bumped into him and we had a nice chat and it wasn't one bit awkward and that actually made me think 'yeah i'm ok about all this.'
Now I feel really jealous!
I am very good about things like this in general. I know all his passwords for his email accounts and i've never even thought twice about going on them because its a betrayal of trust. Just couldn't help myself looking at his facebook page because I know it is open for everyone to see! Well this will teach me won't it?
I wonder why it is so tempting to look at even though you know you aren't going to like what you see?
katie86
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Bexical » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:56 pm

I found myself doing this and i just found it upset me far more, but somehow under the pain comes a little relief. I don't know why. There will be a time when you think I cant look no more and you will stop, but i found it a comfort to read things even though it hurt just to get it out my system. It will pass, but maybe you should delete this thing you have to help you along.
Bexical
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby captainf » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:54 am

It's to cure the curiousity! If you didn't look you would be constantly depressing yourself with 'what could it be that I wont like' So rather than keep wondering, you look.. of course you don't like what you see but atleast you know now he is possibly involved with someone else.

Maybe you would feel better if you said something like 'I hear you're involved with someone else, I wish you good luck with that' and see how he reacts. I think that finding out hes involved with someone else has knocked you for 6 abit purely because it's hard to picture him with someone else. As the time goes by you will learn to deal with it better and accept it in time.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby retrochav » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:03 pm

Sometimes we need to be sure in our heads that its over before we can move on ourselves.

It does crush when the way we feel about someone isnt apparently the way they feel about us. That said, we cant be sure how serious he feels about this new date.

The only thing you can do really, is to keep your feelings between us and yourself. Maybe you two will drift back together, maybe time will bring someone your way and he will feel jealous too! We cannot really know how it will pan out.

What i would say is that if you can keep the friendship strong, you will always be in with a chance.
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
retrochav
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Cheer me up!