all bad things come in 3's!

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

all bad things come in 3's!

Postby Lisaw » Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:51 am

hey everyone i have never done anything like this before but these last few weeks have been horrific. My closest friend has been diagnosed with cancer and given 9 months left, i look after his children and see him as a father figure to me. :cry:

No my younger brother who is only 7 has been severlly twitching we think it's what they call tourettes syndrome i am on the computer continually trying to learn everything i can about this syndrome but it makes me feel bad knowing he is going through this and i can't take it away from him.

To top things off my boyfriend is very suportive of me and he is it's just he is a bouncer and i can't seem to trust him i don't feel he will stray but it hurts when he goes to work and no matter how many times i disscuss this with him he can't see why i am so worried i feel as though i have hit rock bottom and need to talk to someone but i'm only 17 what can i do?
Lisaw
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hey

Postby Daftness2k3 » Tue Apr 22, 2003 7:17 pm

First off,sorry to hear about your friend. There's nothing I can say to make you feel any better on that one.
For the Tourettes Syndrome. It's not very nice, and while its a possibility, make sure whatever it is is confirmed first. Perhaps its nerves? That may sound ignorant of me....but it may not necessarily be Tourettes....I hope its not.
As for your b/f..give him time. It's his job. If he says he's as supportive as you say he is, give him the chance....He may be just what you need in this time.
I hope things are a little better for ya now..
Daftness2k3
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby laidback_chick » Tue Apr 22, 2003 9:12 pm

This all sounds dreadful, but you have to remain focused and positive on the future. I know it must be really harsh, cancer seems to be a thing that just runs in my family. It seems like you need a lot of cheering up so try talk to some friends or something, they will be great to talk to. You have done well trying to find out more about Tourettes and it just proves how focused you really are.
As for your boyfriend, him being a bouncer should not make you feel insecure in any way. It seems because you have so many troubles if he wasn't true and honest he wouldn't be there for you. You have to keep this in mind and remember he loves you and your insecurities could lead to further troubles!
Hope i have helped, remember we all have down times, but i'm sure you'll get everything back together if you take it in your stride!! x
laidback_chick
Just Landed
Just Landed

thanks

Postby Lisaw » Thu Apr 24, 2003 6:11 pm

thankyou both it really helps to hear from other people x
Lisaw
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby river » Thu May 15, 2003 3:59 pm

I've just posted a problem on here and now i've read yours. Although your problems are much worse than mine you are the same age as me and i think part of the reason you feel so insecure about your boyfriend is you are still really young and he is likely 2 have more experience than you. Also seen as you love him so much you expect other girls 2 be the same.
However you have 2 remember he wouldn't be with you if he didn't want 2 be so you have 2 trust him even if you have your doubts because he will get fed up of you having a go if hes done nothing wrong... Imagine if the situation was reversed, it must be annoying for him not to be trusted.
I am not having a go at you because i am the same with my boyfriend...
Really sorry 2 hear about your mate and your brother, try stay strong for them! Hope everything works out
river
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Cheer me up!